Charms

I think charms have great potential for a new element to the game. Currently they look cool; but what if they had minor abilities to enhance your killer or survivor depending on what you choose to run. What are some thoughts on what cool minor abilities could be added to the list?

Comments

  • The 2 biggest problems would be fomo and meta. Charms would cease to be a personal customisation item that just shows more about what you like most, and it will become the same 3 charms on most of the playerbase.

  • I feel the same way about this as I do about giving Survivors individual abilities. You cannot establish a feature as cosmetic only, then go back and make it a gameplay feature. Charms would be less problematic because at least in that case player identity isn't as tied up in it, but it would still mean people'd switch off the ones they actually like and have been able to freely use for years, in exchange for the ones that grant the best bonuses

  • Don't perks already fulfill the role of minor abilities? This would essentially be adding 3 more perk slots?

    Not to mention how many charms are gated behind codes and timed events.

    I prefer the current system, where wearing a charm that matches one the killer has gives you an increased chance of being given hatch. /j