I need some feedback

So, I recently began working on a personal project again. Back in October of 2025, I posted the first half of my thoughts and suggestions for a more enjoyable experience for the 2v8 game mode. I'm now messing around with ideas for the Killers' side of things.

The one I want to pitch some ideas for is a new class I'm working on, specifically the effect of a potential Hex. The existing Hexes I've considered are Nothing But Misery, The Third Seal, Blood Favor, Huntress Lullaby, Crowd Control, and Plaything.
Out of these, I've been leaning toward some sort of variation of Nothing But Misery or The Third Seal. Plaything is one I considered leaving out, but I wanted to keep it as a "maybe" option.

Additionally, I've recently been toying with an idea inspired by Nothing But Misery, The Third Seal, and the Survivor perk: Dramaturgy. What if, anytime a Survivor is injured by any means while the Hex is active, they are afflicted with one random negative status effect: Blindness, Broken, Exhausted, Haemorrhage, Hindered, Mangled, or Oblivious for a period of time, or they gain Deep Wound?

To build on this idea further, what if the Killer had the option to choose their Hex? They could approach a Dull Totem and have two options when lighting it: either weaken the Survivors by applying a random negative status effect whenever the Survivor is injured, or strengthen the Killers by granting them a random positive status effect whenever they injure a Survivor or after a set period of time (e.g. gain 5% Haste for 10s, then 60s later gain Undetectable for 20s) until the Hex is cleansed.

I'll have more details when I release the full Killer changes and additions in the future, but I will note that Totems are not destroyed when cleansed. Instead, they revert back to being Dull, and after being cleansed, the ability goes on cooldown before the Killer can approach another Dull Totem and activate the Hex again.

Lastly, just for reference, here's the post I made for Survivors. Feel free to leave any feedback regarding it over there.

@CensingBug said:

*Reposted because I originally posted this in October and I just realized it was removed. I have no idea why it would be taken down so I'm putting it up again.

Before I get started, I want to make clear these are not leaks or my guesses for the future of 2v8. This is a personal project that I've spent many hours working on in my spare time since the last 2v8 release. These are my suggestions for balancing current classes as well as an idea for adding a new class. In no way, do I expect any of this to be realistically added or even acknowledged by Behavior. I just wanted to share with the community. I also had the idea of reducing the maximum amount of the same class in a trial from 4 to 3 to ensure at least 3 of the 5 classes get used and also have Totems no longer be destroyed when cleansed to ensure they still have a use later in matches. I plan on continuing with the Killer classes and adding a class that has a use for Hex Totems. Of course, I haven't play-tested any of this, so some of the numbers may need to be tweaked, but I really want to hear people's feedback and I'm more than happy to discuss anything about these changes.

Guide

Team Skill

New: Reveals the Auras of all Survivors within 32 meters, and your Aura is revealed to Survivors within the same range.

Rework: While opening Exit Gates, your Aura is revealed to other Survivors within 128 meters. You now open Exit Gates 5% faster (down from 15%), and gain an additional 5% opening speed per Survivor within 12 meters, up to a 30% maximum.

New: The Guide can interact with and instantly Bless a Dull Totem, or spend 10 seconds to Bless a Hex Totem. Blessed Totems reveal the Auras of all Chests and Generators in blue to all Survivors within 24 meters of the Totem. Only one Totem can be lit per Guide at a time. This ability has a 60-second cooldown when used.

Info Skill

Reveals the Auras of the four closest Generators to each other.

Reveals the Aura of any unrepaired Generator within 32 meters.

Unlockable Skill

New: Reveals the Auras of all Totems and Chests within 12 meters. Guarantees a very-rare item when opening or rummaging through a Chest.

---

Escapist

Team Skill

Rework: The Escapist can manually trigger a silence effect on Rushed Actions every 30 seconds, affecting all Survivors within 12 meters for 8 seconds. Survivors who begin Sprinting in this radius gain 50% Haste for 3 seconds, then become Exhausted for 30 seconds (up from 20s). This effect does not apply to Survivors who are already Exhausted. (Manual activation removed and automatically activates only when survivors start to sprint in the radius to prevent accidental triggering when entering the Escapist’s range.)

Info Skill

Reveals the Auras of all Pallets and Windows within 16 meters.

Unlockable Skill

New: While being chased, reveals the Aura of the Generator with the highest repair progress that is currently being worked on. Survivors repairing that Generator gain +5% repair speed. If no Generators are being repaired, reveals the Aura of the Generator with the most progress (randomized if tied).

---

Medic

Team Skill

New: Survivors within 8 meters recover from negative effects 30% faster. This bonus lingers for 10 seconds after leaving the range.

Rework: Healing speed on other Survivors increased to +100% (up from 50%). Grunts of pain are suppressed when being healed by the Medic, and failed Healing Skill Checks no longer produce sound.

While healing another Survivor, that Survivor’s Aura is revealed to all other Survivors.

New: After 60 seconds, while healing another Survivor, you can activate your ability to automatically complete the Heal over 10 seconds and also granting the effected Survivor Endurance for 10 seconds. The Heal effect is canceled if the Survivor takes damage or is picked up by the Killer. The Endurance effect is canceled if the Survivor performs a conspicuous action.

Info Skill

New: Reveals the Auras of injured Survivors within 128 meters. Injured Survivors can also now see your Aura in the same radius.

Unlockable Skill

Moved from the Escapist: The Medic can now heal themselves at 70% healing speed.

---

Scout

Team Skill

Increases crouch movement speed by 100% for all Survivors within 8 meters.

New: When the Scout has line of sight to either Killer within 64 meters, their Auras are revealed to all Survivors. The Scout now gains Boldness points each second they reveal each Killer.

Rework: After 1 minute, the Scout’s ability charges fully. When charged, the Auras of all dropped or broken Pallets are revealed. The Scout can interact with these Pallets to raise or repair them over 3 seconds. The ability enters a 30-second cooldown when raising a Pallet or 60 seconds when repairing. Repaired Pallets now reappear dropped rather than raised. Survival points are awarded for each interaction.

Info Skill

Reveals the Aura of either Killer performing a Break or Damage action for 6 seconds.

Unlockable Skill

Rework: Permanently increases walking speed, reduces Grunts of Pain volume by 70% (down from 100%), and causes Scratch Marks to fade 5 seconds faster with inconsistent spacing.

---

Mechanic (New Class)

Team Skill

New: After 1 minute, the Mechanic can activate their ability while repairing to increase the chance of triggering Skill Checks by 20% for all Survivors repairing the same Generator for 20 seconds or until the Mechanic stops repairing. During this time, Skill Checks are slightly easier to succeed, and failed Skill Checks are changed to Good Skill Checks instead. This effect stacks across multiple Mechanics activation and has a 1-minute cooldown.

Moved from Guide: While repairing Generators, reveals the Auras of yourself and the Generator to other Survivors.

New: When any Survivor within 8 meters fails a Skill Check while repairing, the explosion and Loud Noise notification are suppressed. Progress loss still applies.

Info Skill

New: Landing a Great Skill Check while repairing reveals both Killers’ Auras to the Mechanic for 5 seconds.

Unlockable Skill

Rework (moved from Guide): After completing 35% repair progress on a Generator, automatically install a Wiretap.

Wiretap cannot be applied to Generators that already have one and instantly applies to the next Generator you repair without Wiretap.

Installing a new Wiretap removes the previous one.

Tagged: Killers

Comments

  • My bad. I forgot for a moment that majority of this game's community only want to share opinions when they are not wanted or when the conversation is just Killer and Survivor players arguing to eachother about which side is worse.

  • @CensingBug said:

    My bad. I forgot for a moment that majority of this game's community only want to share opinions when they are not wanted or when the conversation is just Killer and Survivor players arguing to eachother about which side is worse.

    Brother, there is no need to attack the community for not being interested in your topic or 2v8 overall.

    I wouldn't be surprised if 2v8 were played mostly by the tourists which don't really use forums.

    I personally don't play the game much when 2v8 is out because killer queue times are long and I don't find 2v8 more enjoyable than 1v4.

  • ⬆️Proving my point.

  • I actually wanted to discuss the game and got completely ignored. I point out that the community loves to argue and not only do I instantly get replies, but immediately attacked.

    2v8 I just find more interesting with it's potential and it's easier to consider balancing when there's less than 10 pre-made classes and a more limited roster compared to the hundreds of perks, most in need of being adjusted.

    The "tourists" that play 2v8 were mostly people that used to play regularly and couldn't handle the stress of playing either side and the hate they got for being forced to run stale meta perks or Killers in order to have a fighting chance. Even if they do just play how they want and accept the consistent losses, they usually still received hate.

    At least in 2v8, Killers has someone to lean on and survivors don't have to worry about busted perks.