Windows of Opportunity should be made partially or full base kit
Before all the killer mains come whining, I'm a killer main. WOO is the most popular survivor perk. Past data has shown that it's usage is consistently at 30%.
https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/171i5hc/see_whats_being_used_before_730_drops/
https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/1arg1o4/developer_update_stats/
There are several reasons to make it base kit that benefit both sides. I'll discuss the survivor side first:
- It helps new to intermediate survivors learn the game. With how many maps there are now, learning all the maps is a challenge and will get harder as more maps are added.
- I've made a killer smurf account in the past to test the skill level of new to intermediate survivors. These survivors really just run around like headless chickens and have no idea how to loop. I had a 95% kill rate while barely trying. Making WOO base kit will help bring their looping up to a decent level, which would greatly improve the survivor experience at low to mid MMR
- It greatly helps solo queue players. The problem with solo queue is that you don't know what pallets your team used, so you could be running into a part of the map where every pallet is gone. WOO helps with that
- It frees up a perk slot since most survivors are running WOO
As for the killer side, the game is currently being balanced based on the average survivor being terrible at looping and most survivors running WOO and only having 3 perk slots. Making WOO base kit will shorten the gap between new players and veterans and solo queue and SWF, which will allow BHVR to make changes that better balance the game at high MMR.
Comments
So you literally want to take one of the best survivor perks in the entire game right now and make it basekit.
I mean… uhm.. dont know what else to say.
Well, I will astonishingly judge the best here. I hardly disagree with all people that say "windows are for newbies" or to switch off your brain. Main strenght of windows is to pinpoint you what pallet has been used and what tiles the rng generated. It's known that no map is same, no loops are same except for few static maps.
These are exactly mi thoughs.
When people are discussing about WoO, tons of people mention that the perk is a "clutch" or "not very good" because "it does only help newbies". And that's completely false.
WoO has also a big value to know where the pallets have been used or not. Otherwise, you need to either see it by yourself or "guessing" that a tile may not have a pallet because some survivor looped a bit here, and that ends being a gamble.
I have seen a lot of times streamers or the best players going down in a tile because when they went into it to loop the killer the pallet was already used.
WoO is one of the best survivors perks in the entire game, and while its true that it helps newer players (no one should deny it) it does also help experienced players by a lot.
Like I said in the post, the end-goal is to buff killers or nerf survivors to offset the gain from WOO. I also said that giving WOO base kit will shorten the gap between solo queue and swf, which seems to address the rest of your comment.