Add-ons need to be looked at and reworked.
Disclaimer: I only talk about this from the killer pov cause I don't know how the situation is for survivors cause I don't play that.
When I say add-ons need to be looked at I don't mean because specific add-ons are to strong, I mean the whole system of add-ons need to be looked at and reworked.
Every killer has twenty add-ons but how many do they actually use?
From what I have seen most killers only use a small amount of their add-ons. Either there are three or four add-ons that are worth using depending on your playstyle and build or the killer has one or two add-ons everyone uses every time cause the killer just doesn't feel good to play without them/they are so absolutely strong.
Many add-ons are also just there because bhvr likes to have the same thing in multiple different levels of strength which is maybe interesting for new players but quickly becomes irrelevant. Those add-ons do nothing but act as filler material for the bloodweb.
Now we could buff and nerf add-ons and try to make them more equal but if we are honest for a second that never works.
I propose a change to how add-ons are used in the game:
- First of all throw out the weaker versions stuff. We don't need that most of the time the weaker versions just sit there never to be used cause why should I use them?
- Look at add-ons that get labeled as needed by the players because they make the killer feel better to play. Consider making them basekit (I don't mean add-ons that are just super strong)
- All add-ons like "Help wanted And" , "Memento Blades" or "Plaid Flannel" should not exist and instead be an option you can activate/deactivate in the loadout page this should also apply to killers that currently don't have such an add-on like huntress.
These points will get rid of unnecessary clutter in the bloodweb and with that out of the way we need to talk about what types of add-ons we have.
I think we can group add-ons roughly into three different types.
A. Those that provide raw power by providing more tokens, less cd, more speed etc. like "Blighted Crow"
B. Those that provide an additional effect to your power like " rusty head"
C. Those that really change up your playstyle like "scratched Mirror"
I think type A. Is the most important when it comes to balance. That's the category where bhvr has to make sure the add-ons are as close in value as possible, obviously I know there will always be a "the best" but I think you know what I mean.
Type B. is the category that probably doesn't need to much balance but that has the potential to make the gameplay a bit more diverse.
Type C. Is the category that is most important for me personally because I think these perks have a great value for the game when it comes to fun and variety. Perks like this should be available to every killer, I know that is easier for some then for others
Myers and his scratched mirror is the gold standard for me in this category. I think ideally every killer should have atleast on add-on that is like scratched mirror, they switch up the gameplay completely which provides variety to both the killer player and the survivors.
Some quick ideas out of the top of my head would be an add-on for Chucky that is similar to scratched mirror where you lose acces to slice and dice completly but instead of having perma stealth like Meyer's he gains enhanced stats. Or an add-on that takes away the ability for demo to place portals and instead places portals at fixed spots like springtrap doors.
I think it's clear in what direction I would like those add-ons to go. And what is really important is that these add-ons are not iri add-ons. They are supposed to be fun and switch up how the killer feels and being rare is just unnecessary.
When it comes to balance I think it could help if we restrict what add-ons can be combined like saying you can only use one add-on from each type but I don't know if that is needed when we get rid of different strengths of the same add-on so things like double speed blight are already not possible anymore.
Well that's it I would like to hear your thoughts about this
Comments