Clown, trapper, skullmerchant and dimishing returns? Is it gone killed clown soul character?
So, overall, analyzing all the information I've gathered regarding the new BHVR concept, it looks like this: The idea itself sounds good, but only in theory. I have a feeling the problem is still with the perks. Furthermore, they're using this tactic for both sides, which also doesn't seem entirely appropriate, as the survivor and killer perks are balanced completely differently. Most killer perks are balanced based on the principle that they require something from the killer. (Hanging a survivor, knocking them down, striking a blow.) Survivor perks, on the other hand, are balanced based on the team's gradual defeats or simply clicking skill checks
. (Tokens for players with a certain hook state - fast track, Hyperfocus - skill checks, Faster leveling for each hook state from Oreli). Everyone chooses perks based on what they think they need in the match, based on their potential weaknesses. If a killer uses a perk stack based on generator regressions, it still requires work. They have less aura reading and fewer perks that help with speed. This is a controversial issue, in my opinion, because a weak killer can actually struggle without these types of perks, while a strong diver, for example, relies primarily on perks focused on aura. For example, when I play a clown, whose build focuses on speed, and with a relatively well-rounded team, I usually end up barely finishing the last gen. And yes, healing and generation speed can be frustrating, but at high MMRs, DS, Dead Hard, Finnese, and other such perks will still dominate. The main meta for survivors won't change, and at lower ranks, it doesn't matter as much. For example, if I know a team is playing for gen rush, they can tunnel at will. No worries about DS. I wonder if these changes will affect dc at the start of the match. Survivors won't like it when someone limits the effects of a perk they have. And yes, instant healing, perks that boost generators, and endless sprint burst are irritating, but the game developers added perks like Quentin's perk, which amplify these irritating perks. And the final question. I have Corruption and No Holds Barred in my perk set. So, will the effects of corruption or the second perk be limited because I have two perks? Both are essentially perks designed to stop generators, but in my opinion, corruption is more about pushing survivors towards me and helping secure the first hook than causing generator regression. In fact, the fact that the survivor will go a bit further (adding to the fact that corruption blocks generators in a strange way on some maps) doesn't change much. In this case, the main problem of the pig won't go away and will even worsen because if the team splits up, the generators will be taken out quickly anyway. It's about the repair time itself, and the fact that some killers, even if they are good players and the survs are at least average, that killer simply doesn't have the tools to finish the chase as quickly as the diver.
While, as I mentioned, these changes don't seem bad in retrospect, and the nerf to instant healing is helpful, the changes to speed perks and how they actually affect killers' power are too drastic. Killers like the Clown, Knight, Skullmerchant, and Trapper will suffer especially because speed perks are the source of any control they have on the map and what's happening there.
For example, when a Trapper deploys a trap, any perk that could help them in pursuit, especially on difficult loops, will be severely nerfed. Try using Rapid Brutality or playing with your food, and you won't get a satisfactory benefit. However, you lose a valuable perk slot. A very valuable one, because as a Killer, you're in a situation where your 4 perks are against the 16 perks of the Survivors. The entire team has Lithe, Vigil, and takes hit damage from teammates. So how are you supposed to cope as a Killer without mobility in this situation?
However, the Clown suffers the most. Even though he has the power to speed him up, the maps are currently so large and often have so many good loops that the time to successfully complete a chase is longer. Add to this the fact that a survivor can report a hook, a pickup, a possible flashlight threat, etc.
When using a clown power, perks like Rapid Brutality (which is a really popular perk among clown players) receive a massive nerf. Perks like Machine Learning, Rapid, and Play with Your Food become practically useless, and having at least two of them (especially in the current state of the game, especially when Fast Track and Hyperfocus exist and dimizing returns don't affect these perks in any way) is absolutely necessary.
However, I can understand that the enormous speed a clown can gain from these perks can be difficult to overcome. (When I use a build based solely on speed as a clown, I often end the match on the last, almost finished generator.)
Hence, my suggestion is to start stacking speed perks for killers with the third perk. This is so as not to kill the aforementioned creativity and the need for certain good perks. I also feel like why did I buy the Alien chapter if I won't be using its perks anymore?
I should add that I tested the effects of various perks with the Clown Power on the PTB.
Thank you for your attention, and I'd love to read your opinions on this topic. Best regards to everyone.
Comments