Throwable Fog Vial/Smoke Grenade?
While playing a match today, the thought occurred to me, “What if there was a throwable Fog Vial?” I love how the Fog Vial can mask our sound and scratch marks, but given that the fog vial centers on where the survivor was when they released it, even if you release it to obscure the killer’s vision while far away, they’ll still know a survivor was nearby. Being able to throw a “smoke grenade” would allow for more placement flexibility, and help the survivor lean into the fact that smokes obscure vision at a distance.
The throwing animation is already in the game because of Diversion, and maybe it could follow the same throw trajectory as Diversion too. I think because it can be thrown, it would need to have limited usage. As a perk, maybe it would charge after repairing a gen for 50 seconds. Maybe it would need a limit for how many times it could be used per trial.
However it’s balanced, I think it’d be cool to be able to throw a smoke, then use it to cross a gap unseen, help masks a teammates scratch marks without needing to be right by them, or to fake the killer out.
Comments
I think there are a lot of interesting/fun items like this that BHVR could add to the game. Another idea would be other types of traps like the chem trap for pallets that survivors could set up to give killers hindered status for a certain amount of time. The possibilities are huge but unfortunately it usually takes BHVR years to add anything new to the game other than the regular new chapter content.
Would be interesting if you could throw it as you could snowballs in event.
I think I see this being more of a perk, a fun one at that
Not to be that guy but this kind of belongs on the suggestions forum.