Feedback: Aura Customization Beta...

I am writing today about the accessibility settings that, If I remember correctly, were introduced in patch 9.5.0(All-Kill Comeback) as "Aura Customizations" found in the Beta tab at the time I'm posting this. These changes let us adjust the aura colors of players, hooks, generators, pallets, and windows on the beta tab and are a great addition to the game. I feel being unable to turn-off or opt-out of this beta is a bit of an oversight however and I, along with others, are actually struggling to play the game because of the changes. I would love for it be discussed both here amongst the player-base, who should share their experiences and thoughts with the new system, and behind closed doors by the staff, if a way for these new settings could be made to be opt-out(like the visual heartbeat) or opt in would be a worthwhile endeavor.

My own personal experience is like this: With the exception of boon totems creating such a high volume of bright blue light and spinning dots(which could trigger my vertigo if I focused my camera on it for too long) I was fine with how auras were. While I'm glad for the many people now benefitting from the Aura Customization Beta I find myself unable to easily see the dark yet pale mustard color that is now the default for totems and hatch auras without straining my eyes. If I have to strain often enough(three or more games almost back to back) I need to stop playing while my eyes rest and then find I don't want to play for a few days. On top of this, I am struggling with having to learn and memorize new colors for familiar things that have been the same throughout my 10,000+ hours of playing(since starting the game between the game between chapters 17 and 18 in 2020). I have tried several different configurations with the Aura Customization Beta for multiple sessions at a time only to find myself reaching a point where I honestly don't feel like playing much anymore if something about this does not change soon. The other vision-based accessibility settings the game has to offer have not helped me and I refuse to download or use filters.

Best regards,
P1vsGAMES.

Comments