Stuff
Is it still too hip to ask for a Myers revert? I miss old Myers, he was just so much more fun and unique to play than Pig/Ghost face hybrid Myers, they should just give us the option to play as old/updated Myers via an option at the killer menu when Myers is selected, please everyone, why not?
I feel like Myers plays just like The Pig now except the pig is better because she can just stay undetectable and crouch walk with super speed launching into an attack whereas Myers is slow af in stalker mode and has to switch usually to get a hit, Ghost face just doesn't have the mobility Myers and Pig has making him the worst of the three now. At least before Myers actually felt different to play, Ghost face and Pig were similar but still different enough to not really notice it, now playing as all three I'm like oh, yeah I see the similarities now and it's like killing my drive to play him.
I think another thing that killed my drive to play Myers is his scratched mirror becoming an IRI combined with the survivors being able to see unhook progression when killer is near, specifically for Myers because he moves so slow, it was nice to camp near a hook especially when you're trying to jump scare survivors, everyone knows you don't play scratched mirror Myers for kills but hook camping was definitely one of if not the only way to get kills with that add-on, that is gone now.
It was basically the only way to play scratched mirror if you actually wanted kills, it was more for the jump scares when a survivor would come running up you'd just pop out scare the ######### out of them, slice and dip out for the next one, you just can't do that anymore cause they see you sitting even remotely near hook so now you basically have to be out of aura reading range and hope they come in your particular direction to get that jump scare, this doesn't even account for Elusive.
I think overall seeing the unhook progression is a good thing for basically all other killers except scratched mirror Myers, at the very least the devs should add to the scratch mirror add-on that survivors cannot see unhook progression when Myers is near. This gives him back his element of surprise and the counter play to this is pulling two survivors to the hook for a safe unhook which actually benefits the playstyle of scratched mirror Myers because of his severe lack of mobility giving him more time to get more downs/kills or just letting your team mate self unhook when the meter fills up while gen rushing because we'd still only have a limited time to actually camp the hook anyway and good survivors will know that's the most likely play out of a scratched mirror Myers.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that old Myers had two styles of fun and I feel like new Meyers lost it, the scratched mirror jump scare Myers and the fun T3 insta kill Myers, even T3 was fun for survivors although they probably won't admit it, the amount of times I went up against a T3 Myers and escaped was a 50/50, either I got insta killed or all 4 of us escaped without a single hook, this version of Myers is what helped me become much better at Gen repair because of how long it actually took Myers to reach T3 unless people purposely let him build stalk. Usually we'd have 4 and 1/2 gens done before most Myers' got their T3 so we actually had time to work on our skills, finding totems and learning their locations, vault locations ect, T3 old Myers was actually so good for the game because yes, you got a zero hook insta kill mechanic ability that felt extremely good but it took forever to charge up and sometimes you wouldn't even get it, but the bottom line is it made us feel good when we finally did get it. It was also good for Survivors in the sense it helped them get better as a player even if they didn't know it, I honestly have only gotten 1, just 1 mori kill from having a survivor on second hook state during slaughtering strike, it just isn't as good or as fun as pre-nerf and the gameplay style is completely different than before.
Comments