Anyone else seeing people give up way too quickly this event?

I don’t know what’s going on sinc ethe event went live, but in at least 50% of my matches (if not more), people are just giving up really quickly and it’s starting to feel a bit ridiculous.

No matter which killer I play, it keeps happening. When a game loads and i play Doctor and use a Static blast, people get hit they just stand still. When I play Myers and down someone with a Slaughtering Strike, they give up. With Blight, one good rush hit and they stop trying. Even with Hillbilly, after a chainsaw curve, they don’t play anymore and after getting unhooked, they just stand there waiting to go next.

Did I miss something, or has something changed recently?

I even bring a anniversary cake every game so everyone gets extra BP on top of the already boosted Blood Moon gains, so it’s not like there’s no incentive to keep playing.

Curious if others are experiencing the same thing playing killer, or if it’s just me?

Comments

  • The BP incentive in the event is causing a few attitude issues in game, I am not going to lie. Even playing the game relaxed, while still trying to win, results in people getting uppity about it. They give up and hope for a killer that will BP farm with them, try to act friendly to get me to stop playing the game so they can do their gens/quests etc. etc.

    I get it, I do, but also I want to actually play the game with the additional gameplay elements the event provides. I wanna map out blood-pump-to-blood-gen routes so I can intercept people carrying. I want to adjust for how blood gens fill in batches, meaning one having limited progress does not necessarily mean it'll stay that way for long. I want to have other things to defend like pumps. I want to have new reasons to prioritise chasing one survivor over another, such as if one has a full blood can.

    Another clear issue is MMR in the event. Dead horse and the beating thereof, I know, but the sheer variation I'm seeing in this event dwarfs regular queue. That's probably leading to people feeling more inclined to give up because killer skill level feels more random and matches feel less fair.