improvement to time management

Hello everyone,

I’d like to present a new proposal. Regardless of whether you play as a killer or a survivor, I would like to suggest an improvement to time management in Dead by Daylight.

Have you ever noticed that, no matter when we start playing Dead by Daylight—whether after a match we won, lost, or even left—we always end up waiting around 59 seconds once the lobby reaches 4 players?

During the pre-match time, many players aren’t really paying attention: some are on their phones, while others use the time to go to the bathroom. Even when they are actually in front of the screen, most of the chat messages are irrelevant — very rarely does anyone discuss strategy, which perks they’re using, or what they plan to do during the match.

In addition, at the end of the match, we are also taken to the post-game chat, where there is almost always someone criticizing others for what should have been done — like repairing generators, saving survivors, healing, or looping. In some cases, these discussions can become serious, with insults and even threats between players.

I don’t believe we should be required to spend our time like this. A human being lives, on average, up to 86 years. Since I’ve been playing since 2018, I estimate that I’ve already lost around 72 hours just waiting in these situations.

My suggestion is not to remove the current system, but to add a second option for players who don’t want to waste time on these steps.

Suggested implementation:

  • Current option: keep the system as it is today, with lobby wait time and post-game chat;
  • New option: join the match already marked as “ready” (no need to wait in the lobby) and automatically leave at the end of the match, returning directly to the lobby without going through the chat.

This way, each player can choose the experience they prefer: those who want to interact can keep the current system, while those who want to optimize their time would have a faster and more direct alternative. Today, we already have other choices in the game: in the past, you couldn’t hide your name — now you can; crossplay didn’t exist before — now it does. Everything depends on your choice — so why not give the same freedom for lobby and chat time?

I kindly ask that you consider this suggestion. I’m addressing this message to players, forum moderators, and the Behaviour development team.

Comments

  • I don’t want to brag, but I’ve already made a great suggestion that was implemented in the game and that no one could live without today.

    @AMOLUDUS said:

    play as survivor or killer
    does not matter
    currently we have to select skills manually when you want to change your strategy of the game
    I bring a great suggestion to increase in a next update to the game
    allow you to create a new feature in the skill menu
    allow save up to 5 skill customizations
    I would say it's like creating classes, but for the same character
    let's imagine you can save from 1 to 5 customizations
    and wants to play as the team repairman
    Then you use repairman skill.

    Customization 1, Repairer
    skill 1: Leader
    skill 2: Prove Thyself
    skill 3: Bond
    skill 4: Botany Knowledge

    But you are with the same character and in another match you want to play as a doctor helping the team.
    here is another customization that would be for the doctor

    customization 2, doctor
    skill 1: Empathy
    skill 2: Self-Care
    skill 3: We'll Make It
    skill 4: No One Left Behind

    skill customization 3 to 5 would be for example

    customization 3 (you choose)
    skill 1: (you choose)
    skill 2: (you choose)
    skill 3: (you choose)
    skill 4: (you choose)

    4 ...

    5 ...

    summing up

    for those who already have many skills and perks with single character knows that every time you want to change strategy has to be deselecting and selecting skills creating the class you want to play, and this is annoying and time consuming, allow you to change the skills that you already have does not make you lose time or your team, this helps to create match faster, and a bad thing that exists in DEAD BY DAYLIGHT is the time-consumin to start matches
    see this video of another game that is not DEAD BY DAYLIGHT but it serves as an example to get an idea of what I'm talking about

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=nMpEmsGhK40

  • @AMOLUDUS said:

    I don’t want to brag, but I’ve already made a great suggestion that was implemented in the game and that no one could live without today.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/26972/switch-skill

    What does this have to do with the post though? 😭

    Amo, for them to implement that idea would be risky in some scenarios I'm imagining.

    1. For the ready up already ready, sometimes matchmaking takes a long time and you are uncertain of when you will get into a full lobby ready-to-go. So imagine you've waited 5 minutes for a game, you need to step off to use the bathroom, and then you come back and the match already started because there was no second waiting queue.
    2. Imagine as killer you see 4 toolboxes have made it into the match and you're not built for anti-genrush. I will change 1 of my perk slots depending on how many toolboxes I see in the lobby.
    3. How will you see your performance after the game ? Have to log onto DBD Stat tracker every time? Or will there need to be one implemented in-game?