Why was old dbd used here?

in one of the screenshots when showing the new optional colours for hooks, scratch marks etc. there was a screenshot using the old hud. Why was the old HUD used? There was also old dbd screenshots for the 10th anniversary on Twitter.

IMG_0786.jpeg

Comments

  • That should be pretty elementary.
    If it is to show the history or evolution of DBD, it would only be natural to show older screenshots of the game.

  • Probably just the easiest way of doing things since you can see them using a map to reveal all auras

    Or I can huff some hopium and see this as a teaser for old dbd

  • Huh, I can't believe I didn't notice that.

    I'd have said they might've just needed an old build of the game for old maps, but there are builds that have the newer UI that would've worked. Maybe an oversight, maybe some kind of teaser?

    An "Old DBD" limited mode for the anniversary would be neat, for example.

  • In all honesty its just easier. Its not as if the image is portraying anything untrue since aura colors haven't changed in a very long time until now.

  • I see old dbd suggested a quite a bit, but isn't that incredibly vague? The game receives updates every year that change the state of the game. Most of these are quality of life changes, kit changes, etc. Even then, it's still incredibly subjective on the definition of "old", and even more so in terms of what version of dbd that people reminisce the most.

    Regardless of what version is chosen, people will disagree and want something different. The further we go back, the smaller a minority the mode is catering to for the sake of nostalgia. People who wern't around won't care, and nostalgia only last for so long.