I've never seen an actual skilled killer main say that killer is easy

A common sentiment I see alot is "I get 4ks without tunneling and slugging and camping, killer is easy" and you check their post history and they mainly post survivor main takes, and some of them even admit like a week ago "i barely play killer but…". Anyway some of the people that have said they get 4ks without tunneling/slugging/camping are streamers. Perfect! Now I can get some video proof of this person in action and maybe I can learn something from this person, right? After all the best way to get better is to watch better players and see what they do (this applies to literally every video game). So I go to their twitch and check their vods and see how they play killer.

These "killer mains" are playing on default FOV, no hiding their red stain, not looping tiles correctly, barely hitting with their m2 power, getting pallet stun at every pallet, falling for window fakes, and even getting spun.

Can someone explain this to me? These "killer mains" are apparently really good and the rest of us need to get better at killer since we tunnel/camp/slug, but the way they play, they play like they just installed the game.

Comments

  • @stealthyflash67 said:

    have you seen survivor mains say, survivor is easy?

    Not unless they're highly experienced and play in a 4 man swf of highly experienced players often or get good teammates often. Survivor is hella easy on paper, but you need a functioning and reliable team to make it true, which is why people go on calls to help locate each other easier, give comms on the killer or perks, completely removing the need for aura reading and negating status effects like Blindness, Oblivious and Undetectable. In a solo queue of 4 good players, you're still very likely to win tbh, atp it just comes down to the killer you're facing. Pretty much any killer that's not Nurse or Blight should be getting some outs

  • Most of the time killer is pretty easy. Most soloQ teams are not hard to beat. But if you go for 8 hooks that's still throwing you have to be bit of tactical. Something like 5-6 hooks and one kill works well most of the time.

    I am not good killer but win most games playing smart. With experience you just figure a way to win. Sometimes even the good swf:s throw their win away.

    I was Oni camping my only kill and 2 survivors came to attemp rescue while Im on rage mode. 1K turned to 3K suddenly. But other games today were easy soloQ stomps for me. So killer experience can vary a lot but overall definetely not hard. Im playing on console.

  • @CompetitifDBD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4061652#Comment_4061652

    tbf, u are heavily nerfed by playing on a Switch. Worst performance and visuals oat

    I am a Unknown main too P51. And I play just fine. Yes some lag here and there. But for my kill rate being 50% says something

  • @MagixD said:

    A common sentiment I see alot is "I get 4ks without tunneling and slugging and camping, killer is easy" and you check their post history and they mainly post survivor main takes, and some of them even admit like a week ago "i barely play killer but…". Anyway some of the people that have said they get 4ks without tunneling/slugging/camping are streamers. Perfect! Now I can get some video proof of this person in action and maybe I can learn something from this person, right? After all the best way to get better is to watch better players and see what they do (this applies to literally every video game). So I go to their twitch and check their vods and see how they play killer.

    These "killer mains" are playing on default FOV, no hiding their red stain, not looping tiles correctly, barely hitting with their m2 power, getting pallet stun at every pallet, falling for window fakes, and even getting spun.

    Can someone explain this to me? These "killer mains" are apparently really good and the rest of us need to get better at killer since we tunnel/camp/slug, but the way they play, they play like they just installed the game.

    A lot of streamers aren’t playing super optimally because they’re prioritizing entertaining matches rather than sweating for the most efficient win. Avoiding tunneling, camping, and slugging naturally leads to more mistakes in chases.

    Also, the skill level of the survivors they face can vary a lot. If survivors make mistakes, the killer doesn’t need perfect gameplay to win.

    And it’s always easier to notice mistakes when watching a VOD than when you’re the one making split-second decisions in the match.

  • @MagixD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4061668#Comment_4061668

    Knightlight plays this game for a job, not for fun. Bad example. Also 5-10 killer players in the world doesn't represent the rest of the people that play killer.

    By your logic we shouldn't buff Trapper because there's people out there who have gotten multiple 4ks in a row as Trapper.

    Trapper quite literally can't be buffed he's a bygone product of a version of the game long since gone. Any meaningful buffs will pretty much restart old skull merchant matches where it's 40 minutes of holding gens.

  • @stealthyflash67 said:

    have you seen survivor mains say, survivor is easy?

    I don't know if I'd call them mains, but I do see people that play for hatch claim it's easy. But like Nurse, they're playing a different game.

  • @stealthyflash67 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4062054#Comment_4062054

    Dont killers just slug for the 4k? and have hatch never spawn? or did they change that?.

    They do and it's still effective. There's also a delay on when it opens still. But you can bring offerings, items, and perks that raise your chances of getting it.

1 2 ›