Perk Descriptions and Auras
Overall really happy with the things discussed and shown off regarding this, love this direction of improving the new user experience. I do have some feedback and questions for the stream though:
-Dead Hard's new description does not seem to mention the important clause of the perk being you can only use it once per being unhooked.
-A question I have on the custom aura colors, how will aura intensity work now, and what about perks like discordance or surveillance or other perks that change the aura of gens to a dedicated color, how will they work with this new update?
Comments
I've been wondering the same thing! Although, I highly doubt they will let us change the color of auras that are overridden by certain perks. For example, perks like eruption, call of brine, or surveillance change the default gen color after you damage it. I have always disliked how eruption and surveillance don't have the best synergy because the generator remains yellow even if it has stopped regressing, the generator will only turn white after you've downed someone.
That being said, I believe that the developers did this on purpose as a kind of "mini nerf" for bringing multiple "op" gen regression perks. On the other hand, lots of other gen regression perks have no such nerfs and can be used together despite being strong. If by some miracle they do allow us to change the color of all these perks, they would need to add a customizable color setting for each and every perk which overrides default auras; and I highly doubt they'll do that. At the very least I hope they will let us change the color of killer items.
As for auras with dynamic intensities: I hope they set the color to your chosen default and increase its brightness over time.