Not really a question but how did I get a penalty for your own error??
I got recently disconnected in DBD during opening exit. I finished the last generator, and I started to open exit and turned my camera like back to see if killer is coming. All of suddenly server stopped it just basically like game crashed I couldn't abandon nor exit. Then I get disconnected with a reason " Server isn't responding, disconnecting… " and then I get a 4 minutes penalty??? How in the world is this possible??


Comments
Could be your internet connection? That error can occur if internet connection is briefly lost. Frustrating but any disconnection will be treated as a player disconnect.
If server crashes you never get a penalty. It was the connection between you and the server failing somewhere along the way. All disconnections are treated the same as there is no way of knowing the cause on the server side and as you got the penalty it was not the servers fault.
They should really reword that as it gives the impression that its the server that fails when in reality its telling you that connection was lost between you and the server. It can mean the server did not receive the communication from you so the connection was terminated.
But its weird cause my internet is good. Like I'm telling you, my whole screen just crashed it bugged. I couldn't move, exit the game or anything. Internet connection wouldn't do that since then my other stuff wouldn't work. My whole game is being shared on discord and people saw.