Had a little interaction where I thought someone was being sarcastic with me, so I responded. After a little interaction I apologised and they apologised too, to which I responded with the following:
Not sure why that warranted a downvote, but I got one anyways 🤷♀️
Downvoting is just a meme at this point. You could make the most reasonable fair point and say something that is actual fact. But someone goes to every post on this forum and clicks downvote on everything they can, sometimes even making multiple accounts to downvote in arguements lol. Just ignore downvotes as they are usually meaningless unless there are many downvotes on something but no upvotes
Downvoting is just a meme at this point. You could make the most reasonable fair point and say something that is actual fact. But someone goes to every post on this forum and clicks downvote on everything they can, sometimes even making multiple accounts to downvote in arguements lol. Just ignore downvotes as they are usually meaningless unless there are many downvotes on something but no upvotes
People literally just click on threads and downvote every comment of a particular person, or in some cases just everyone. Don't know why people go to that effort but that's just the internet for you.
It's a bad system. Realistically, the amount of upvotes or downvotes you get depends on the day. Some days you get dogpiled, other days everyone agrees with you. I wouldn't pay it too much mind.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Downvoting is just a meme at this point. You could make the most reasonable fair point and say something that is actual fact. But someone goes to every post on this forum and clicks downvote on everything they can, sometimes even making multiple accounts to downvote in arguements lol. Just ignore downvotes as they are usually meaningless unless there are many downvotes on something but no upvotes
I will never understand that kind of mentality.
it's not reddit don't worry, your comment isn't going anywhere. They are just virtual buttons :D
People literally just click on threads and downvote every comment of a particular person, or in some cases just everyone. Don't know why people go to that effort but that's just the internet for you.
It's a bad system. Realistically, the amount of upvotes or downvotes you get depends on the day. Some days you get dogpiled, other days everyone agrees with you. I wouldn't pay it too much mind.
Well, as it turns out, topics that get downvoted too much won’t get boosted up anymore when a new comment is made.
Yep, I think I have upset someone recently due to all of my posts getting downvoters for no reason 😆