Do you use add ons and offerings against swf?
Or are you nervous they will go to waste so you save them for another time and don’t feel like you got anything to lose?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
No point in much else.
Not nervous they will go to waste, just fairly certain.
Well, I will take a BP offering if I can. May as well salvage the low BP game.
I use equipment against all Survivors.
Other than that, it's so much better to score at least a 2-3K using only brown addons and offering.
Depends on my mood, sometimes I don't use addons but if I know for a matter of fact that the survivors I'm going against are good I will use addons (or if I'm bored).
I generally stick to white or yellow add-ons. If it looks like a tough game I'll use better add-ons. I'll avoid the OP add-ons unless I'm doing specific builds (eg. Class Photo on Freddy is for my OP builds only, not general use).
Moris are reserved for survivors that were toxic to me in the past (usually via post game chat insults) or for dailies.
I use my brown addons because I know I'm going to lose. If I used my best addons I'd not get value out of them.
I don't use Moris except for daily quests where I have to kill somebody by my own claws.
Just DODGE THE LOBBY!
I find this counter intuitive. If the game is going to be more difficult, why not use stuff to even it out more? Would you really rather sit there and struggle thinking to yourself "I could do this with better add-ons"?
Ever brought an Ebony Mori to a 4-man SWF and everybody escaped? Sometimes you just feel that you have no chance of doing well so the difference is is between losing and losing playing "sweaty" which would feel even worse.
Not saying that can't happen, but you stood a much higher chance of winning with the mori than without. If not you're just doing it so you can use the excuse "well I didn't have any good gear" instead of manning up and taking the L.
I don't use add-ons, instead I tend to hoard them. I have over 10 Ebony Moris on my Legion alone.
I mean you do you. I use good add-ons if it looks like a challenging game and it usually makes the difference between a win and a loss. I don't have this defeatist attitude that I'm definitely going to lose because if I did... I would probably lose. Maybe just dodge next time if they are THAT much better than you, but I never see it that way.
If you splooged the best add-ons on what are going to already be easy wins, kinda makes you a bully right? Or a try hard. Or a boosted killer. Sorry just my opinion.
sometimes, when im in a bad mood i use the Spark Plug and Vegetable Oil.
if I am pissed off, i use the Primer Bulp and Carburetor Tuning Guide.
and if i am really pissed off, i use an Ebony Memento Mori. this usually helps.
Save all my mori's/best addons for when I know it's a swf