Endgame Slugging Loop – Needs a Limit?
I’d like to discuss endgame slugging when only two survivors remain.
A common situation:
- Killer downs the 3rd survivor.
- Leaves them on the ground.
- Waits for the 4th survivor to attempt a pickup.
If the last survivor hides, the match stalls.
If they go for the revive, it becomes a bait trap.
This often creates a repetitive loop:
Down → wait → revive → down again → repeat.
I understand slugging is a valid strategy, but should there be a limit when only 2 survivors remain?
Possible solutions:
- After being slugged twice in endgame, survivor can self-recover to injured.
- Faster bleed-out when only 2 survivors remain.
- Anti-stall mechanic triggered after X time on ground.
Right now it feels less like strategy and more like forced stalling.
Curious to hear killer and survivor perspectives.
Comments
In such situations I'd like kill both survivors with memento mori. Because trying to exhaust yourself or killer is a bad for game which is for fun primarily.
The core issue I’m raising isn’t about how the killer ends the match. It’s about the design allowing repeated slugging loops when two survivors remain.
Even if a Mori is used, it doesn’t address:
Also, Moris remove survivor agency entirely. If the goal is to improve pacing and reduce frustration, replacing a stall with an instant execution doesn’t really fix the underlying design imbalance.
The discussion is about whether the game should allow indefinite slug loops not about whether killers can choose to end faster.