Unable to invite friend or join his lobby?

We were playing with a friend when he suddenly got an update for dbd today at 5pm, but I didnt. Ever since, we cannot join each other's lobby, error message states version mismatch. He is on ps5 and i'm on xbox series s. I can queue up solo and play in crossplay lobby, he can too but not together. I dont get it, do we get the patch later on xbox? How can I play in crossplay lobby if only xbox is affected by this?

Comments

  • Seems like an ongoing issue:

    @aimeemorley16 said:

    I can’t join or invite friends since cross progression, says the party doesn’t exist or they don’t even come up on my friends list

    From the look of it's a console exclusive problem. I don't think there's a fix for it atm, so unless you can find another way to play with your friend, it looks like you'll just have to soloq for now.

  • the lobby broke, you all need to restart your consoles.

    there has never been a fix for this in the history of console dbd the game is just broke. just have to reset. anything weird happens, somebody leaves, reset. I started in 2021 this has always been the case but people don't talk about it

  • @100PercentBPMain said:

    the lobby broke, you all need to restart your consoles.

    there has never been a fix for this in the history of console dbd the game is just broke. just have to reset. anything weird happens, somebody leaves, reset. I started in 2021 this has always been the case but people don't talk about it

    That isn’t the issue. It is that they have release a patch on PC but still haven’t for consoles.

  • @Kirbish said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4052834#Comment_4052834

    That isn’t the issue. It is that they have release a patch on PC but still haven’t for consoles.

    ah, thank you

  • How exactly is this even possible? I have never heard of something like this before

  • @XsashagreyX said:

    How exactly is this even possible? I have never heard of something like this before

    Because for some reason they stagger the patch releases across platforms, which is stupid

  • Popping in with a little update here: The update should now be live on Xbox!

  • @ThatRyanB said:

    Popping in with a little update here: The update should now be live on Xbox!

    any reason why the releases were staggered on platforms that weren't Switch?

  • @ThatRyanB said:

    Popping in with a little update here: The update should now be live on Xbox!

    its been live on xbox my pc xbox/windows app wont even show theres an update

  • Was this always like this for consoles? I have been playing dbd for 7 years now, pc and console, never realised the update was staggered across platforms.

  • @XsashagreyX said:

    Was this always like this for consoles? I have been playing dbd for 7 years now, pc and console, never realised the update was staggered across platforms.

    I think in consoles the updates need to go through some validation step and that can make it take longer. I would imagine on Steam that is not really an issue with trusted companies or its more streamlined.