PTB

Subject: Suggestion: Permanent PTB for testing Killers and Perks

​Message:

​"Hello Dead by Daylight Team,

​I have a suggestion regarding the Public Test Build (PTB). I think the PTB should be open permanently, not just before big updates.

​As a player, I want to test new Killers and different Perk builds before committing my Auric Cells or Bloodpoints on the live servers. Sometimes I just want to play a 'Friendly' match to learn a Killer's mechanics without worrying about my MMR (matchmaking rating) dropping on my main account.

​Having a permanent testing ground would allow us to experiment more freely and become better players without the pressure of the main game's ranking system.

​Thank you for considering this!"

Comments

  • I would like more frequent PTBs with a seperate install, actually.

    Something that's been an issue with the last few is that the amount of changes were so vast that some of the things that needed changes flew under the radar, because there was something more pressing that EVERYONE was talking about.

    Krasue's PTB showed that really well, I think - Krasue and a Shape rework and Antitunnel systems meant that Krasue's necessary changes were drowned out by everyone talking about the Antitunnel systems. But the current way the PTB is structured doesn't lend itself well to many changes - I don't want to have to reinstall my game every week to test out and bugfix the changes BHVR wants to make. I think a seperate install fixes that problem and opens the door to more frequent and more focused PTBs.