Do The Devs Actually Care???

I have been playing Dead By Daylight since it came out and I play it almost daily. In all honesty, what the hell are those in charge thinking? Are they thinking?

Almost everyone I know and have played with (4 different groups of players) have all come and quit the game. All of them for the same reasons. Turnover is insane. All the players I run into now are relatively new or flat out Toxic. No one knows what "Boop the Snoot" is. Or even what used to be basic etiquette. Which leads to even more Toxic behaviour as being the "norm" and driving people away.

So, if you actually want to save this game listen up and follow through with these suggestions.

1) You focus WAY too much on introducing new killers. Every new killer you introduce is ALWAYS OP on release. Many never get balanced at all. I think you can go back 10 killers and they all need to be nerfed.

2) Stop everything and fix the broken killers. Speaking as someone who plays Killer as much as Survivor, I can tell you that there is a serious lack of balance in the game. Some killers are just OP. No killer is weak (I don't care what anyone says). I mean with 4 survivors and one killed the average kill rate should be 2 dead survivors per match. That would be balanced. It should not be hard to monitor on your end. Any killer averaging above that needs to be balanced.

3) Stop with all the perks. There are far too many perks. They should be reduced to a static amount on both sides and then balanced. It is far too tasking to keep track of all the perks that a Killer or Survivor might have and how to counter for them or adjust game-play for them. This just exacerbates the unbalance issue.

4) You completely screwed up The Shape. People, like myself, put time in to Level up this Iconic Killer over years in some cases, like mine. Carefully choosing specific options on the Bloodweb to run our chosen builds. And what do you do? You completely rework something that wasn't broken and flush all that down the toilet. I mean I think I got a month of finally being prestige 100 before the rework. And it is NOT for the better. I don't even play him anymore. In fact, I can't stand the new design. The original was true to the inspiration. This is just another blah, stabby stabby dull idea. You should just put him back the way he was and apologize!

5) All these Killers and so many are just dull. For a game that has a horror theme, you sure have missed out. You introduce a Castlevania "Dracula" over a Bela Lugosi version? Shame on you! For that matter you could introduce all the classic Movie killers. Werewolf, Frankenstein, The Mummy, Swamp Creature, Bride of Frankenstein etc. In fact you could make it so everything is in black and white vs. these killers. Lean into the horror and "darkness" this could create.

6) A quick note of semi-praise. More types of play-style are great. They break the monotony. Good on you for creating 2v8. But make it permanent already! And include more of the killers. THIS is what the game really needs. More diversity in play-style. THIS should be the focus before more unbalances, or weak story, killers and perk stacking.

7) The bloodweb … You should allow people to exchange items from the bloodweb for items they want. Not perks, but anything else. Not on a one-for-one basis. But maybe 2 of one colour gets you any 1 chosen item of the same colour, 3 of one colour gets you 1 chosen item one colour higher. This would certainly give players an additional sense of purpose to Bloodpoints etc. And allow them to play the game based on the style they prefer.

In closing, I really hope you Devs pay attention to what I have had to say and actually take action. Frankly, I am on my final thread and about to quit otherwise and find another game.🤬

Comments

  • to add to that, i would like to know why there is a penalty for being tunnelled 8 games in a row by , for example, vecna(i counted)? it is NOT the players fault or proof of throwing and all these toxic killers are actually causing my account to be at risk. some of us people playing are disabled, just because someone messes up a chase doesnt mean they should be penalised for "throwing"