Wrongfully flagged as inactive in DBD

Hello everyone,

I’m writing to report an issue where I was wrongfully flagged as inactive during matches and subsequently received time penalties.

During the affected matches, I was actively participating and did not intentionally go AFK or disengage from gameplay. Despite this, I was flagged as inactive and penalized, which feels unfair and frustrating—especially given that I was making a genuine effort to play normally and contribute to the match.

These penalties negatively impact my experience with the game, as they prevent me from queuing despite no actual misconduct on my part. I’m concerned that the inactivity detection system may have incorrectly flagged my actions, possibly due to movement, interaction timing, or other in-game mechanics.

I’d appreciate it if you could review this issue, including the penalties applied to my account, and clarify why I was marked inactive. If possible, I’d also like to request that any wrongful penalties be removed.

Thank you for your time and for looking into this matter. I enjoy Dead by Daylight and hope this can be resolved so I can continue playing without further issues.

Kind regards,
[Rumham]
[Steam]

Comments

  • We do not accept appeals for any type of temporary penalty, including things like DC'd or AFK penalties.

    If you have received an AFK penalty then there is a point in the match where the system has been flagged that you are not actively participating in the game, either excessive hiding, away from keyboard totally etc. and therefore not contributing to the overall match - not helping to progress the game in anyway.