Please bring back map variants

Please and I mean please stop forcing me to play Badham Preschool 1

Comments

  • I do miss the other badham preschools

  • I think a lot of the hate for variants came from misunderstanding. BHVR can individually adjust the probability of each map including map variants being selected. Variant maps had the odds of being selected weighted such that the combined probability of all variant maps was roughly similar to a single map with no variants, but a lot of the negative feedback I saw on variants was that they were tired of seeing what is essneitally the same map but slightly difference repeatedly.

    IMO the only real argument that is still relevant against the variants is that they made it harder to learn maps when you have to learn the different configurations of each map. Personally I don't agree that it was sufficient reason to remove them though.

    Edit: The other argument against them was that map repeat prevention did not apply to variant maps so you could get badham 1 then badham 2 3 4 and 5 wouldn't be affected in your next game, but since map repeat prevention was changed to realm repeat prevention that is no longer relevant.

  • They just need to make the map check do it like this. Game choses the realm → map → variant if there is more than one. This way it does not make that map more likely to get as its still the same chance as it choses the variant after it chose the map in question.

  • @Wezqu said:

    They just need to make the map check do it like this. Game choses the realm → map → variant if there is more than one. This way it does not make that map more likely to get as its still the same chance as it choses the variant after it chose the map in question.

    They already have the ability to individually set the probability of each map being selected

  • @random1543 said:

    I do miss the other badham preschools

    I miss Badham 4 so much 😢

  • @Royval said:

    Please and I mean please stop forcing me to play Badham Preschool 1

    No. We do not need even more map RNG on top of the map offerings not even being useful anymore

  • for real like once again the devs remove things that A LOT of the player base like and use rather than balancing them properly. its honestly annoying how many corners the dbd devs cut instead of tackling problems head on

  • @Royval said:

    Please and I mean please stop forcing me to play Badham Preschool 1

    I actually agree on this one. I truly loved the alternatives for suffocation pit and coal tower. It made game so much more interesting. Now you get same three maps 6x in 10 games