We, Thai Players. We Request a Separate Server for Players in Thailand

Hello, my name is JohnVelma, a Creator Program member from Thailand.

I don’t know how much Dead by Daylight’s server infrastructure has changed in the past or present. However, in the past, when I played the game, my ping was usually as low as 20 and at most around 70 (20–70).

I’ve heard many rumors from the Thailand community, but I don’t know how true they are because I don’t have concrete information. Many people say that the servers used to be located in Singapore but were later moved to China. I don’t know whether this is true or not but it doesn’t really matter.

What does matter is that over the past 2–3 years (since 2024), I’ve noticed that Thai players both survivors and killers are being matched with players from China much more frequently. At the same time, our ping as Thai players has increased significantly.

In my case, from 2024 until now, my average minimum ping has been around 90, with a maximum of about 130 (90–130). Occasionally, it drops below 90, but that’s rare. At first, I thought it might just be my own internet connection. However, after asking around in the Thailand community and among my friends, everyone says the same thing: “We haven’t seen ping below 50 in a very long time.” Most people now have an average ping of around 70–130. Meanwhile, when we play with Chinese players, they often have very low ping, around 20–50.

Here is an example that I have attached.

P1.png P2.png P3.png P4.png P5.png P6.png

Therefore, BHVR should not expect to receive a sufficient number of reports from Thai players. However, I can act as a representative for them and speak clearly and directly about this issue. Please listen to my voice and see me as a representative of the players in my country. Thank you.

I would like to propose a separate server for Thai players, allowing us to play with players in the ASEAN region (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia). We are not discriminating against players from China. However, the ping that Thai players have been experiencing over the past three years has significantly worsened our quality of life and overall enjoyment of the game.

Thank you.

Comments