I made a thing: Perk Roulette, slot machine edition

Hi guys,

I made a thing and I would love to hear some feedback about it.
It is a Perk Roulette for killers and survivors. Free and ad-free.

It's available at dpsm.3stadt.com

The documentation still lacks some better explanation on how you can "save" perk profiles, but I would love to hear some first raw feedback. On mobile it's (visually) still rough around the edges since the site is aimed as desktop and OBS.

Cheers, 3stadt :)

Comments

  • (and I like the look of the new version in the clip there! Nice)

  • @3stadt said:

    @Boss said:
    I'm reporting a bug.

    Thank you very much for the report! May I ask what browser, operating system and what URL this error occurs on? Is this a consistent, reproducible error for you?

    It was on Google Chrome on Windows 10, but i don't have the URL unfortunately.
    I didn't think that would be important, my apologies.

  • @MisterTIBS Now that's a work of art, thank you for the effort! :D

    I understand what you are going for there. I created an issue in the (not yet public) GitHub repo. Will take some time though. Actually, quite some. ;)

    @MisterTIBS said:

    Yeah, there seems to an issue with current FF. I will look into it, thanks! :)

  • IThat’s really dope. It gave me these
  • @HeroLives said:
    That’s really dope. It gave me these

    Thank you! :-) Mobile will even be better in the future. I wasn't aware almost everyone will use this on mobile. Since usually when you need it, you're on the PC anyway. But yeah, consoles + there is a game in the foreground on PC. Didn't take that into account. :dizzy:

  • 3stadt said:

    @HeroLives said:
    That’s really dope. It gave me these

    Thank you! :-) Mobile will even be better in the future. I wasn't aware almost everyone will use this on mobile. Since usually when you need it, you're on the PC anyway. But yeah, consoles + there is a game in the foreground on PC. Didn't take that into account. :dizzy:

    Yeah I’d definetly see about making it an official mobile app if possible. A lot of people would use it. Someone made an ark app for the dinosaurs with their taming rates, feeding etc almost everyone that played ark used it including myself. So  I’d certainly love a similar dbd app with a randomizer for perks. 
  • Regarding the Chapter 11 PTB: The new perks will be in the perk roulette as soon as the new chapter is released.

    Before that, today or tomorrow, I'll release a "private PTB" of the latest perk roulette version with new technology and visuals. :)

  • === Perk Roulette PTB ===

    DPSM will get a major update soon, and you are invited to test! (New PTB Perks are included)

    It will be released as soon as the new Dead by Daylight chapter is officially released.

    So please take a look at the test build and share some thoughts on it. The URL is:

    https://sad-beaver-ca1140.netlify.com

    > The video tutorial is still the old one, it will be updated shortly before release!

    > There is no sound yet, it's unclear if this will be added back. Please share your opinion.

    The whole thing is now on GitHub as well, so feel free to create issues.

    Cheers, 3stadt

    Spoiler Spoiler Warning ▲▼

    (I hope the formatting of this post is fine, looks weird in the editor)

  • Hey 3stadt this thing you made... it's getting better and better. I'm having a lot of fun with it. As much as getting regulary destroyed by survivors is "fun" :) But the best thing is: I can always say in endgame "I'm on Perk Roulette, that's why I failed"

    ;)

  • Its a bit buggy

    But I will use it

  • @Hoodied said:

    Its a bit buggy

    But I will use it

    Could you tell me what makes it buggy? :)

  • Some of the perks will "roll" in slower or will re-roll twice to prevent a perk that is not already picked to be taken away

  • Btw are we allowed showcasing the perks we get on there, as a perfect combination for certain killers

  • @3stadt said:

    === Perk Roulette PTB ===

    DPSM will get a major update soon, and you are invited to test! (New PTB Perks are included)

    It will be released as soon as the new Dead by Daylight chapter is officially released.

    So please take a look at the test build and share some thoughts on it. The URL is:

    https://sad-beaver-ca1140.netlify.com

    > The video tutorial is still the old one, it will be updated shortly before release!

    > There is no sound yet, it's unclear if this will be added back. Please share your opinion.

    The whole thing is now on GitHub as well, so feel free to create issues.

    Cheers, 3stadt

    Spoiler Spoiler Warning ▲ ▼

    (I hope the formatting of this post is fine, looks weird in the editor)

    The builds on this things is amazing, and does not have the bug the original had

    Congrats 3stadt

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/351587#Comment_351587

    The builds on this things is amazing, and does not have the bug the original had

    Congrats 3stadt

    Thank you! The rolling speed has to do with the distance between the current and the new perk, currently it's ment to work that way.

    Of course you are allowed to showcase, take it away!

  • @3stadt there is a bug I found in the ptb machine

    image.png

    Thats agitation

  • @Hoodied said:

    @3stadt there is a bug I found in the ptb machine

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/733/SUR6NIH4GH0S.png

    Thats agitation

    Thank you, I'll revisit the name generation!

  • it also does it to nurses calling, saying its agitation

  • Any chance you can make this for cosmetics as well?

    I might be one of very few, but i'd love it!

  • Small suggestion. Add random Killer/Survivor selections as well.


    For those of use that are rather indecisive and/or just more masochistic than others.

  • @Boss said:

    Any chance you can make this for cosmetics as well?

    I might be one of very few, but i'd love it!

    Sounds like a plan, after the survivor roulette!

  • @Chewy102 said:

    Small suggestion. Add random Killer/Survivor selections as well.

    For those of use that are rather indecisive and/or just more masochistic than others.

    Actually, I'm already planning on doing this. It's a bit complicated though, since right now there is no database involved. I will have to setup the host (netlify) with lambda functions + FaunaDB. I created an issue for this here. :)

  • And the new version is finally live! <3

    https://dpsm.3stadt.com/ Feedback, as always, is welcome. Have fun with it! :-)

    Oh, and in case you want the old style back: https://dpsm-classic.3stadt.com/

  • I really appreciate your effort. It is so great. I started to use it regularly.

    Congrats!

  • I love this so much! Any chance we'll get the same thing for Survivors and Killers (like to pick the character)?

  • I'm glad you like it @sarahndipity ❤️ 😊

    I started working on a version where you get random survs/killers, but it's a nightmare to get the interface right because of the many possible configurations. I asked the devs if it's possible to read the available perks from the save game, sadly I'm not allowed to decrypt it and there is no official API to query.

    So currently the new version is on hold, maybe I get to it over the year. But no promises. ;)

  • I like this one. I would have loved for this game to have random perk mode where neither killer or survivors knows what perks they have until the game starts 😀

1 2 ›