Do you guys think robot Chucky would be cool?
Ignoring the whole height debate. Let's pretend that bhvr has a solution for a doll height killer and could get the rights somehow.
Wouldn't a day 1 movie tie in chapter for a high profile reboot like childs play be great for DbD? I'm really surprised something like this didn't happen with Halloween last year.
The movie releases in June which is when the next chapter would be coming if they continue the same roadmap past March.
This would also be during the 3rd year celebrations/servers would be weeks/couple of months away.
If all of this stuff happened at once DbD would enter it's prime and be at it's peak for hype.
This would also be the first licensed killer in a year and a half at that point if the one next month isn't licensed.
Comments
Have a hook dropping to killer animation that then raises the survivors up. A lifting Hook controlled by the entity.
Small killers drag by neck/clothing collar area not carry. Opens up new animations/rig for new original small killers as well.
EZ FIX
Yes
I wouldn't mind it. As long as Gremlins become a possibility for a new killer
I'd like any short killer tbh.
Right now in the character stats we only have "average" and "tall"
A 3rd short class needs to happen one day.
He'd grab onto your leg and hold on for dear life my friend. Old chucky would bite your leg. Idk about the robot.
No pun intended.
So it's confirmed.
Aubrey Plaza/Karen Barclay will be the next survivor with a perk that lets you yeet Chucky across the map.
GOTY
It could potentially generate a LOT of money and new players to the game. Also I love your hook idea, he could flip a switch and the hook could fall down before raising the Survivor up.
Anyway what would his power even be? In my opinion he looks like he would be a rush Killer like Legion who rushes forward, screaming and swinging his blade wildly. Also since he's short he would have to crawl under pallets. But then he's exactly like Legion, I'm not trying to turn him into Legion but from the movies that's basically all he does.
I haven't seen the new film so I don't know if he can transfer his AI from one doll to another but maybe there could multiple Chucky dolls around the map and you can switch between them? Add-ons could be alerts when someone goes near one, these would be great at leaving them by Gens or windows etc.Omg LOL NOED Chucky with a doll at both Exits XD
The only thing we've seen him do in the trailers is stand still and scan Andy with a red facial recognition scanner thing.
I'm imagining him like Legion as well.
Can't destroy pallets so quickly slides under/slowly climbs windows. Is small but fastest base speed killer yet like 4.8.
Bad vision due to height...
But takes 3/4 M1s to down because he's small and weak?
He could have a stealth power...Throw dolls around the map and give him a play as doll button? Let him hide in lockers with dolls in every locker by default?
Now that i think of it, there was this episode with Bubba, Myers, Ghostface and Freddy in the Big Brother house...
He's at the top of my (my, personally, not speaking on behalf of the company) licensed killer wishlist, that's for sure. There's so much you can do with a killer so short that he could hide in some grass without you noticing. Although I'm sure he would be a nightmare to work into the game because of how tiny he is.
He could tie them up and drag them around. Instead of wiggling on his shoulder you would struggle to untie the rope. Hooking could work the same way, with him hoisting you up with the rope. A total nightmare to animate and all that, I'm sure, but it could be possible.
I think him being so short is all he needs to be a stealth Killer, it would be like Pig creeping up on you except with a terror radius which is pretty creepy because you know the Killer is nearby but don't see anyone. Having a normal 2 hits is ok because he's slashing the Survivors legs which would cause anyone to fall down. I'm certain he would have an Obsession perk.
I always say it, Where There's A Will, There's A Way
He is at the top of my licensed killer wishlist too, he or jason should be the next licensed killers if we are going to get any.
I would rather the original voodoo doll version of Chucky. I'll probably go see the new movie and enjoy it, but something about him being potentially a robot gone crazy and not a serial killer's soul in a doll is disappointing to me.
If they went with old school Chucky then the height thing could be addressed by having a shadowy/ghost version of the real Charles Lee Ray appear around the doll when doing certain things, like carrying a survivor. That would solve the height issues and be cool to see in game.
Holy ######### that would be badass, just suddenly see the spirit of Charles appear and hoist the Survivor on his shoulder then hook them, transform into Charles for vaulting and grabbing etc, damn that would be dope!
Now I want a chucky killer, but a few things I want to know, what would his ability be, and it would require cornfield maps to be nerfed down
so he basically pounces with M2
Robot or not, you're still going to have this same issue;
There is alot you can do with his original form of a possessed doll, you could possess survivors for so many seconds and make them blow up gens, drop pallets when you want etc he could also change between solo and human form as a possibility.
It would be amazing if he could take control of one of the survivors for a short period of time but that gets negated with SWF in comms so its not worth it, if only though......
He wouldn't transform, just the ghost of the killer appears around the doll and mimes his motions.