Suggestion for Improved Individual Killer MMR to Increase Gameplay Variety
Hi BHVR Team,
I am a long-time player and I’ve reached a point where I find it increasingly difficult to enjoy the massive roster of 41 killers you have created. I’m writing to suggest a more distinct Individual Killer MMR system.
The Problem:
Currently, my MMR feels too "linked" across all killers. Once I reach a high skill level with my "mains" (like Nurse or Blight), the game expects me to perform at that same level with killers I rarely play, like Trapper or Myers.
The Result:
- Meta-Stagnation: I feel forced to use the same 4–5 meta perks (Pain Res, Pop, etc.) on every single killer just to stand a chance against high-level survivor teams.
- Lack of Variety: I want to play lower-tier killers for fun, but the matchmaking makes it a punishing experience rather than a learning one.
- Burnout: It makes the game feel like a "second job" where I must perform at 110% intensity in every match, regardless of which killer I pick.
The Suggestion:
I suggest a more significant "MMR gap" between a player's top-performing killers and their least-played ones.
- Let our "Main" killers set a ceiling, but allow the MMR for killers we haven't mastered to drop low enough that we can experiment with fun, non-meta builds without getting crushed.
- This would encourage players to actually use all 41 killers, attract more new players to the game, keep the game interesting for longer and increase the variety for Survivors as well.
I love this game and want to be able to enjoy the full roster you've built without feeling "punished" for picking a weaker killer.
Best regards,
Kontaminert
Comments
Yeah the MMR floor should be more flexible and maybe it should be so if my skill suddenly starts to rise quickly that the system dont leave me hanging in low mmr once it clicks.
For me, what pisses me of the most, its mainly that I can't just choose to run a meme ghostface, cause the chances that I will get a sweat lobby is insanely high :(
So yeh… I don't even understand why the MMR link protection between killers is so strict, cause… it only takes a few matches to get to mid-high mmr, depending on your caliber… Therefor even if you are a sweat nurse main on a new killer you won't ruin that many survivors matches.
If I were to change mains to Ghostface right now, it would take me a stupid amount of matches to get my MMR in an acceptable range. (I've done many MMR experiments over the years, so I know how hard it is to drop brackets)