Does Chaos shuffle have a more loose or different MMR?

I'm getting a fair few killer that play like they are newer which is really rare to see in my normal matches.

Stuff like swinging early and missing hits, getting fov teched over and over and just macro plays that baffle me vs 1v4 I see this once in a blue moon.

teammates are also bad sometimes but that feels that same as normal 1v4 in solo q ๐Ÿ˜‚

only thing I can think of is it uses different or looser MMR because people cant pick their builds, has it been confirmed anywhere?

Comments

  • I've had multiple p100 killers and have generally had the opposite experience. From what I recall, MMR is considered in matchmaking in special events but doesn't affect your existing MMR, like it won't go up or down. I'm assuming Chaos falls into that. I would guess there's also more speed-based matchmaking right now though, because of how events split the queues.

  • @cogsturning said:

    I've had multiple p100 killers and have generally had the opposite experience. From what I recall, MMR is considered in matchmaking in special events but doesn't affect your existing MMR, like it won't go up or down. I'm assuming Chaos falls into that. I would guess there's also more speed-based matchmaking right now though, because of how events split the queues.

    Yeah might be que times too, was waiting a few mins in-between matches vs normal que tends to be instant

  • @random1543 said:

    I'm getting a fair few killer that play like they are newer which is really rare to see in my normal matches.

    Stuff like swinging early and missing hits, getting fov teched over and over and just macro plays that baffle me vs 1v4 I see this once in a blue moon.

    teammates are also bad sometimes but that feels that same as normal 1v4 in solo q ๐Ÿ˜‚

    only thing I can think of is it uses different or looser MMR because people cant pick their builds, has it been confirmed anywhere?

    I believe it works like the PTB does for content. At some point before the event, they snapshot your MMR, and then set your MMR for the event to that amount. Then playing in the event does not actually change your mmr whether you win or lose, so if you started at say, 1500 mmr, you'll stay that for the duration of the event.

  • This content has been removed.