So... why am I suffering a DC penalty

To note. I don't DC. No matter how bad the game gets I finish it as long as it's not a cheater. Sometimes I don't even abandon if the option is available. I DC'ed once because of a minor irl emergency. I come back, press play, and it boots me from queue with a 5 minute penalty. Did they crank up the penalty to the point a single DC now penalizes an hour?

image.png

Comments

  • They done did something. I played one game last night, saw the futility of being face camped by Knight and his guard, while my "team" run over themselves to get the hook, I felt like I was watching Fred Flintstone being late to work. I set the controller down and came back to a warning about progressive punishment for inactivity.

    Yes, it is being snuggled back in.

  • @AetherBytes said:

    To note. I don't DC. No matter how bad the game gets I finish it. Sometimes I don't even abandon if the option is available. I DC'ed once because of a minor irl emergency. I come back, press play, and it boots me from queue with a 5 minute penalty. Did they crank up the penalty to the point a single DC now penalizes an hour?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/9AFGLGLKRLWC/image.png

    only thing I can think of is there was changes recently where you have to press the ready button again after disconnecting to have the penalty timer start to count down. but still shouldn't give penalty if you only dc once in 20 matches.


  • They changed the matchmaking penalties to avoid salty people that would wait them out only to rage quit immediately again. Now, your penalty doesn't start until you try to ready up. Also, penalties decrease not over time, but over games played.