Is there a 'Diversion' throw distance tech/trick I'm not aware of?

Played 3 matches so far today and alrdy 2 of those had at least one blatant cheater in it (teleporting/invisible/gens finishing with nobody on them). But the other match had me baffled about something that kept happening with the perk 'Diversion'.

Is there a tech/trick to make it go crazy far or no? We are talking about farm map, at shack in the middle of map, to exit gate in the corner. Someone kept throwing THAT distance at endgame when I had someone on basement hook at shack. The thing is I could literally see everyone lurking around shack… so he literally threw that distance.

So you guys tell me, was it 3 matches in a row that I had a cheater, or no? I'm only back to finish of the event quests and I am alrdy burnt out due to rampant and blatant cheating… @BHVR pls?

Comments

  • Max is 20 meters nothing will help you getting longer throw. Still Rotten Fields is from the shack to the closest perimeter wall about 26 meters on the sides of the shack. So yes they should be able to get the throw about to the wall if throwing to the closer edge wall but the longer side is about 36 meters away so that side no they should not get it to the wall. Still as you say to the corners if its the corner that is closer to the center then yes but if its not then no.

    So in short yes but also no depends where they were throwing and from where but as I stated the shack is about 20-26 meters from the perimeter walls in certain corner or edge so I would say they were not cheating as if they would be they would spam that alert more as at least older cheaters could spam it like all the time.

  • @Wezqu said:

    Max is 20 meters nothing will help you getting longer throw. Still Rotten Fields is from the shack to the closest perimeter wall about 26 meters on the sides of the shack. So yes they should be able to get the throw about to the wall if throwing to the closer edge wall but the longer side is about 36 meters away so that side no they should not get it to the wall. Still as you say to the corners if its the corner that is closer to the center then yes but if its not then no.

    So in short yes but also no depends where they were throwing and from where but as I stated the shack is about 20-26 meters from the perimeter walls in certain corner or edge so I would say they were not cheating as if they would be they would spam that alert more as at least older cheaters could spam it like all the time.

    I actually checked the wiki for the distances, its more like 40 meters. Otherwise I would not have made a post about it. I'm pretty sure the perk was just equipped to mask that he was cheating. Entire match was sus as hell.

    https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Rotten_Fields

  • you're correct that the max range is 40 in-game meters. more than likely they were modifying the range or simply spawning a notification. they may have been cheating.

  • @Munky said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4040714#Comment_4040714

    I actually checked the wiki for the distances, its more like 40 meters. Otherwise I would not have made a post about it. I'm pretty sure the perk was just equipped to mask that he was cheating. Entire match was sus as hell.

    https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Rotten_Fields

    The shed is 8x8 meters. So what I said of the distance is correct. Short end that makes two sides of the shed to be about 26 meters and the other two sides 36 meters from the walls of the shed. You can't ignore the building itself and its size and most likely the survivors were not always standing just on the walls. The map is not a square but is about 80 meters long and 60 meters wide so as I said depends what wall and corner area they were throwing towards as two of those corners areas are closer than the perimeter wall on the sides of the building.