How to SAVE Taurie Cain and make MORE MONEY in cosmetic skins (UNTAPPED MARKETS, BIG POTENTIAL)
Taurie Cain has been rotting in the metaphorical basement for a while now, and something must be done. With a meager list of skins and their next new confirmed skin coming in 2027, things are not looking good for our resident cultist.
We all know Doomed Course didn't meet expectations as a chapter, but Taurie themself has grown a small fanbase since release and earned the (accurate) title of the most unique survivor in the game. …And yet, no skins. It seems, despite the uniqueness, Taurie simply has not reached enough sales targets to be worth investing development time into. There just isn't that spark to get a large community on board to buy skins for him.
So let's change that. How, you ask? Well, I've already been doing it in this post, if you've noticed.
Put your marketing hats on, you did it with David, you know enough about your community to understand the financial benefits here. Make Taurie Cain transmasculine nonbinary.
You know I'm right, BHVR. There's a hole in your marketing strategy and I know you see it too, you gave us Orela after all (thank you for Orela, we love her). Lots of queer people play your game, queer people with disposable income no less. We want to spend our money, BHVR, but — oh no — it seems all your guys are cisgender (except that one Rainbow Six skin), and mostly conventionally muscular, no less. Our people cry out, BHVR, and you've proven you can do a little retroactive canonization of LGBTQ characters in the past. Do it again, boss! For me?
Additionally, I feel this fact may have… escaped the notice of your team ever-so-slightly, but us queer people like twinks, BHVR. We like them a lot. DBD, though? Vanishingly few good twinks. And if I were to open my "third eye" I perhaps foresee that you don't have any planned in the immediate future (haha just a guess don't hook me boss). But! You can close that gap in your catalogue early with this ONE SIMPLE TRICK! Just slip into that "Bio" section for Taurie Cain and replace all the "she/her" with "they/he." Voila! New twink! And one which appeals to an UNTAPPED MARKET no less!
You could even get slick with it. Make it a story moment. People do like Taurie's lore, why not have a little tome of them discovering themself while in the Realm? Then you can dodge those annoying "They only did this for the money!" complaints (I know you love money, it's okay, I love spending it!) You can't tell me it wouldn't be interesting to see our favorite cultist leveraging their knowledge of the Entity's power to get that info past the per-trial memory-wipe.
If you wanted to put in some extra elbow grease, I mean, you could also change the voice actor (I mean you really should do that anyways. Hire a real Scottish person, you can afford one).
But, bare minimum, all you'd technically need to do is change the pronouns in the description and maybe make a tome for it. Think of the market, BHVR! Think of the money! This is the easiest representation you can do, let's face it, Taurie already looks like 90% of transmasc folks I know, you have a finished design already. It's all there! Easy change, new untapped avenue of profits, revitalize an existing character you didn't know what to do with!
Then maybe you can release some Taurie skins. Please.
Comments
Ngl i play as taurie and would permanently drop her if this happened. I think one of the reasons they dont make many cosmetics for her is that they alredy made cultist robes of a bunch pf colours, and then even 2 sets of cultist robes with a mask, so they kinda ran out of ideas with the cultist theme quickly. All she can get nowadays are more normal or casual clothes. Like how would they do her swimsuit and why would she ever wear one lol the character doesnt seem like the type to wear many types of clothes either.