DC penalty under false circumstances

Summary: I have played well over 20+ games without DC'ing, but I DC once and I am hit with a 5-minute penalty.

The initial penalty (this 5m one) should only be triggering after I have DC'd three times within the last 20 matches, based on patch notes/statements from BHVR. Was this changed and never stated? did I miss something?

I also know for a fact that it's been well over 20+ games, because I track every game that I play.

Anyone know why this is happening?

Platform is PC Steam. No instructions or the like, its as simple as.

Edit: I received clarification; this is in fact not bugged. It was a misunderstanding of how the penalties worked.

Comments

  • @crystalkitti said:

    Summary: I have played well over 20+ games without DC'ing, but I DC once and I am hit with a 5-minute penalty.

    The initial penalty (this 5m one) should only be triggering after I have DC'd three times within the last 20 matches, based on patch notes/statements from BHVR. Was this changed and never stated? did I miss something?

    I also know for a fact that it's been well over 20+ games, because I track every game that I play.

    Anyone know why this is happening?

    Platform is PC Steam. No instructions or the like, its as simple as.

    Just happened to myself, I dced because game decided to put us in a server where everyone was 200 ping and got hit with 5 min penalty even tho i haven't dced in well over 20 games.

  • Edit: I received clarification; this is in fact not bugged. It was a misunderstanding of how the penalties worked.

  • Was playing with a friend, I got DC'd from a match then they DC'd 30 seconds afterwards….. the 5 min. timer started when they re-entered my lobby, and once the timer was finished, I hit start and the 5 min. timer started again. What the hell is that?

  • @starshine said:

    Was playing with a friend, I got DC'd from a match then they DC'd 30 seconds afterwards….. the 5 min. timer started when they re-entered my lobby, and once the timer was finished, I hit start and the 5 min. timer started again. What the hell is that?

    Clarification on how it works is in the 9.0.0 Patch Notes. The timer does not begin until you attempt to queue/join a lobby to queue.

    9.0.0 | Five Nights at Freddy's - BHVR