Team Voice Chat Suggestion
Subject: Suggestion – Add Team Communication Options (Voice or Quick Chat)
Hi Behaviour Team,
I’ve been playing Dead by Daylight for a while and really enjoy it, but I’ve faced some issues like tunneling and slugging — which I know your team is already working on, and I appreciate that.
However, one thing that feels missing is a way to communicate with teammates. DBD is a team-based game where coordination really matters, but when playing with randoms, it’s almost impossible to work together. You really need friends on voice chat to have a proper team experience, and that can be frustrating for solo players.
I’d love to suggest adding some kind of team communication feature — maybe an optional voice chat, or at least a quick chat system (like Valorant or Apex Legends).
For example, we could have preset messages such as:
- “Killer is on me”
- “Take a hit for me”
- “Help me”
These could be assigned to keys (like 5, 6, 7, 8) for easy use during matches.
I understand there may be reasons this hasn’t been implemented yet, but I truly believe even a simple quick-chat option would make the solo experience much better and help improve teamwork.
Thank you for reading, and for all the effort you put into improving DBD!
Best regards,
[Good Player Of DBD]
Comments
good suggestion but I don't think they want to do that. people have been asking this forever and they never act on it
they will never do voice chat but we need a comm wheel like dbd mobile had and have posted about it myself! would alleviate so many issues that happen in solo q
They will never add voice chat because they cannot moderate it.
comments like this are interesting because how does Blizzard do it on Overwatch. You say 1 thing there and you get a warning very quickly.
They largely don't. It's been an open secret that they go off volume of reports for ages, not quality or content of reports.
Blizzard records and has an algorithm to detect stuff they don't like. BHVR does not have the resources or ability to do this; DBD doesn't have playback functionality. That's why they require footage for reports.
agree