Xbox ad error
SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE: I get an ad for Xbox game pass that results in an error code.
PLATFORM: Xbox Series X
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED:
- Run the game
- Validate User Login
- Press “No Thanks” for the Xbox Game Pass Advertisement.
- I then get Error Code 8,001
I just bought the game and can’t play it due to this Advertisement… Please help me… :(
I have done all of the below…
- Uninstalled the game and Reinstalled the game.
- Restarted the Xbox
- Closed the game and reentered the game.
- Checked for updates for the game and the Xbox.
- Complete Shut down of Xbox and turned it back on after 1 minute.
- Tested my internet connection.
- Restarted my wireless router.
- Complete shut down of wireless router and turned back on after 1 minute.
- It played fine when I ran it through Xbox gamepass but I decided to buy the game since my Xbox gamepass expired.
- I don’t want to buy gamepass just to see if it bypasses this issue. I just paid for the game…but I will if it comes down to it I guess…


Comments
You still require a Gamepass to play the online game with Xbox. The wording on the Xbox page for reference:
awe man….. ok cool thank you