DBD Talk

I understand DBD is only 20$ but the way the community talks about this game and how much they hate it. Why would someone want to spend 20$ for a test run of DBD. To my understanding its free on Epic games but not everyone has PC. Not only is the 20$ app purchase there are hella in game purchases especially if you want certain killers.

I'm not sure how DBD is for new players but I highly doubt playing catch up is fun. Granted I have well over 3k hours I don't know if someone is willing to spend at least a thousand learning as much as you actually need to. (How perks work, killers powers playing as and against, running tiles for both sides, etc.)

I was gonna make a separate post on Original Killers vs Licensed but I don't wanna spam the general so we're gonna make one decent post. I think Original killers in DBD are more fun to play as and some of them are a bit more unique. DBD is just becoming a hall of fame for horror/slasher icons. I think Kaneki was cool and opened the door to more anime collab's, but I feel like the collab's limit creativity. I won't lie I actually do hope they limit their releases to at least 2 chapters a year instead of 4 because there are a lot of killers in DBD I don't even see any more. I also wish we get more maps in DBD with the ######### map offerings being 20% I haven't even been on the walking dead map and I'm trying to get the escape achievement. Like I can't tell you the last time I've seen a Houndmaster, Singularity, Skullmerchant, Dredge, Artist, Pinhead, Twins, Trickster, Deathslinger, Plague, Hag, Billy. I understand servers are different for everyone but the fact I don't see this many killers is insane. We can make more killers at least appealing to look at. The AI for Houndmasters dog is ######### and no sane person likes playing Twins.

I also think the state of DBD isn't in the best spot, it really feels like if you're not playing a High B to S tier character you're throwing. It doesn't help their last few releases from Vecna to Krasue have been low A to S. Houndmaster could be A but the dog ######### AI for the Dog where it magically disappears or doesn't want to chase hurts or even trying to search on a gen ######### doesn't wanna go.

I can rant a lot about Behavior, like how they made sacrificial wards just to ######### on map offerings later. The map rotation in this game is ass. I've see Tobo landing more times than I've seen any other map, I don't even see the og maps anymore. Like I want this game to be better but I don't think we're going to get better.

This fully my opinion I know everyone has different opinions and experiences but these are mines. I am curious about everyone else's takes. I know I might catch some ######### but It is what it is

Comments

  • lets say I did have a friend who was interested in playing. At this point I would recommend them to not buy it. New players have so many perks to grind and so much money to spend. The shrine is essentially worthless. The grind to unlock perks is horrible. Thats not even accounting for the current state of the game.

    Bhvr really should make it so the shrine has every perk available at all times, while also removing tiers from perks. Whats the point in blue and green perks at this point? Most people have purple perks, it just adds another layer of suck for new players.

  • @MashedBroccoli said:

    lets say I did have a friend who was interested in playing. At this point I would recommend them to not buy it. New players have so many perks to grind and so much money to spend. The shrine is essentially worthless. The grind to unlock perks is horrible. Thats not even accounting for the current state of the game.

    Bhvr really should make it so the shrine has every perk available at all times, while also removing tiers from perks. Whats the point in blue and green perks at this point? Most people have purple perks, it just adds another layer of suck for new players.

    yeah the perk tiers are just extensions to grind

  • I don't know if it still is but this game has been free on PS Plus. I believe it is or has been free for Xbox's premium thing too. Despite playing everyday, I haven't spent that much on it. I wait for perks I want to show up in the Shrine instead. I don't want many of the IP killers. I think Vecna is the only one I haven't bought that I intend to at some point. But I prefer original ideas to IPs even if, like many people, an IP put the game on my radar.

    Variety on my end is fine. I'm playing as Dredge as we speak and I've seen all of these killers you listed--even Artist and Twins--in the last week.

  • I think the base game alone is still pretty good value, especially if you buy it on sale during an event. Even if I'd only gotten 100 hours of enjoyment out of DBD before deciding the grind and steep learning curve was too much for me to persevere with, I would have considered it money well spent.

    I think that's probably the best way to enjoy DBD, to be honest. Never get too invested in the game and you'll have a good time. It's when you've put money down and spent hundreds of hours playing that the game's many flaws really start to grind you down and burn you out. I also got super obsessed with DBD for my first few months of playing, so that probably "helped" keep me around too. I know we talk a lot about the current poor state of the game here, but I genuinely think it's still in a better state than when I first started playing and OG Skull Merchant was the latest Killer.

    I enjoy DBD in moderation now by playing only a few times a week. There's not much beyond getting Meg to P100 that I care to grind for these days, anyway.