Wish there was a good form of anti-tunnel and slugging
Not the version in the PTB as many of pointed it's a little...nuts but all night i've been dealing with slugging and tunneling. I just want to enjoy my game and sadly I don't have friends that play. I just want to enjoy the game and not deal with what monstrosity this thing has become. Also no I can't play killer because MMR sadly doesn't exist for me.
Tagged:
Community Manager
Comments
It's not impossible to win with bots. They do gens, unhooks, and heals, and they don't rat, which is all more then can be said for half of soloqers. But it is impossible to win if the killer slugs everyone near the spawn and no one has Unbreakable.
But let me rephrase because the implication did not get through:
Because survivors can't potentially secure an unstoppable win at the one minute mark.
Of my 2,000 hours in DBD, I'd say over 80% of it has been killer gameplay. I love Vee and her plaid outfit and had to hop over to play some survivor this patch, and I don't think I will ever do it again.
I never thought as someone who plays killer so much I would want the stupidly brutal/annoying anti-camp, anti-tunnel, and anti-slug that we dealt with in the PTB, but now I kind of wish we did.
Every match has been nothing but bleeding out all 4 survivors / being prompted with an abandon button, or people face camping the hook until you're unhooked and then going straight for you again to get you out of the match. I also don't think I've seen so much BM like… "walking back and forth" against me in the dying state this bad in almost 4 years.
I don't know if this behavior is new, or the reason we got hit with all this stuff in the PTB to begin with, but Lord have mercy if this is what survivors deal with on the daily, I completely understand the divide / vibe shift.
What was on the PTB wasn't even bad, especially the anti-slugging mechanic. BHVR just folded, again, to the Killers because they don't give two craps about Survivors.
The BMing has been exceptionally bad lately.
The survivor experience has been pretty bad, ever since the decision was made to take out anti-tunnel / anti-slug out of the patch.
Over the past 3 weeks or so, there has been a major uptick in BM and bad behavior on the killer side.
Also, the "zero-chances" mindset killers have, because they absolutely NEED to get that finisher mori, and the 4K. Almost no one hooks the 3rd survivor anymore, it's always slug, or ratting out the last survivor. So what, if the last one gets the hatch.
Unless you are going for adept, I see no point in "must always 4K".
Alternately, you get someone who is a complete beginner, who doesn't pressure gens at all, and has no idea how to mindgame etc.
That is pretty much my experience as of late.
Because Survivors are already the weaker role and are thus already limited. Those limits get even worse as the match progresses.