Rift grind, what are the devs and managers thinking?
Hello, this summer went on vacation and took little a break from the game (around 3 weeks). My rift pass level was 45 before going on vacation . Now that i am back and wanted to resume things, rift levels dont look like progressing much after several matches, so i did some calculations and:
22 days to end, but rift fragments from ALL daily quests and ALL weekly quests would get me only to level 88.
I am not taking into account milestones, since their rewards are a joke now and require a ridiculous amount of time. Also noticed that you need to do 20 MATCHES to earn ONE SINGLE RIFT PASS LEVEL. Being optimistic, i would end at level ~93 considering the two above. Then what? Do i have to play an extra of 140 matches to complete the pass?
What is this insanity?
I consider myself a completionist and did every rift pass since the beggining, bought every new killer/surv and have most of the achievements (and a lot of hours) because i enjoy this game a lot. My actual problem comes after learning the changes with this rift system, which make it beyond abusive and is a punch in the face to working people that cant (and shouldnt) log in to play every day: i already have a job…
With this in mind i am considering full quitting and engaging with this game.
Trying to force people to play every day to boost stats is going to have the opposite effect, i think.
End of rant.
Comments
Yeah, I have no idea who thought it's good idea to change it like this.
Like it was enough rewards are trash, it's also harder to get…
So far I would say quest system is massive downgrade.
Yeah, exactly. I had basically same when they reduced cakes for anniversary…
Things like this are simply going to demotivate me from playing.
The 5000 BP per level you get after completing the pass is a HILARIOUSLY low amount. If you average it out over each match, that's gotta be like < a 1% bonus.
Yeah the rift fragments per account level is my main gripe, please increase that. The Milestones now I've had time with them don't do enough.
5 per account level is attrocious, thats like 20 levels for 1 tier.
It's obviously a ploy to force you to buy the rift pass bundle. It's just a way to squeeze more money out of people. Either that or you are forced to play every day.
Solutions:
4. I hope, it's really bad atm
Yeah I bought my very first rift pass and figured I could level the pass up just by playing..but apparently you get really garbage shards for leveling... And I'm not doing quests like I'm not a dog who is gonna jump through hoops I've never done a tome a I have never clicked the quest or tome section other then to see I clearly hate it.
I'm not here to play an MMORPG with nonsensical kill 7 rat quests I'm going to play dbd but it's very clear I won't be completing the rift by just playing even every day! Which I don't necessarily have a problem with but that will be my first and last rift purchase. Maybe I'm extreme in my views as I've never played a game with a "pass" before so don't really no the norms.
How is everyone doing with the millstones since the buff in requirements? Last one I got all with the exception of two and I got to 8 & 9 on those two. This time around I haven't even reached level 5 on any of them. Sure I've played a little less this time around but not by that much!
I finished survivor milestones by playing 2v8 a lot but killer milestones are way too grindy i'm not even trying, also I hate kicking gens the "damage generator" one is barely progressing, I finished rift anyway the milestones are pointless
I agree. I did every rift in the last years and I never had to play every day to complete them. Now, if I dont do my dailys, I will never finish this pass. I dont want to HAVE to play, its making me want to quit dbd after this rift. PLEASE augment the rift fragment per game and the milestone reward.