Side Quest Perks

I enjoy the idea of side quest builds, things that focus on looting chests, cleansing totems etc. But the problem is there is barely any time to do those things. I'm not progressing generators. I'm not taking the Killer's attention and I feel like I'm wasting the teams time and potential resources.

Rick Grimes for example can rebuild pallets. He has to loot 2 chests in order to rebuild one pallet. Then he has to loot 2 more… ridiculous.

Against a Killer with even moderate pressure. I've likely just thrown the match trying to rebuild one makeshift pallet that is only going to help anyone if you actually land a pallet stun.

So the entire build is basically worthless because I built two almost worthless pallets while my team got chased, hooked and I progressed no generators... amazing!

Comments

  • The requirements for a lot of those perks are often odd, pretty sure it's like that so you cant do it infinitely

  • They're archaic elements of the game. Years ago, it was most common that you'd pop 3 or 4 gens and then the game would slow down. There was enough time to do other things in that window before finishing the last gen or 2. On Survivor, gens have gotten so valuable over time that, like you said, it's considered throwing to do anything but them if you're not in chase. BHVR keeps adding those conditions I think in the hope that they will encourage staying off of gens for a bit, but they're not enticing enough. Not only are the effects not worth the requirements, the requirements aren't worth the loss.