Menus/UI is poorly optimized and taxing on console (PS5, Series X)

Sitting in the lobby or menus overheats my PS5 significantly, not only that, but there is always a small amount of lag when choosing survivors/killers and equipping or unequipping items and perks. Console menus really need some polishing up.

Comments

  • @turksmall236 said:

    Sitting in the lobby or menus overheats my PS5 significantly, not only that, but there is always a small amount of lag when choosing survivors/killers and equipping or unequipping items and perks. Console menus really need some polishing up.

    Everything lags on all menus on my Series X too. Was even worse on the ol' venerable Xbox1. It's well known the optimization of DBD is quite poor.

    I recall those on the various PS4's saying their machines sounded like propeller planes taking off!

  • Sitting in the menu is definitely more taxing on my PS5 than being in a match, as well as there being occasional lag when switching between characters and screens. I also remember playing back on my PS4 slim 3 years ago, before I upgraded. It would barely make noise while I was actually in matches, but whenever I was in the menu, the fans would be crazy loud.

    There are definitely big optimisation issues, but because they've existed for years with barely anything being done to remedy them, I doubt Behaviour will address them anytime soon.

  • @halcyondays93 said:

    Sitting in the menu is definitely more taxing on my PS5 than being in a match, as well as there being occasional lag when switching between characters and screens. I also remember playing back on my PS4 slim 3 years ago, before I upgraded. It would barely make noise while I was actually in matches, but whenever I was in the menu, the fans would be crazy loud.

    There are definitely big optimisation issues, but because they've existed for years with barely anything being done to remedy them, I doubt Behaviour will address them anytime soon.

    Something tells me they will not.