Need Critique on Clown Generator Trap idea

I've heard a couple people mention Clown should get to trap generators. I don't like Clown, but I do think he should get some form of Macro gameplay or gen defense, and I don't think buffing his yellow bottles for map mobility like they did was a good way to go about it. That all said, Killer powers should not be a flat out buff to a problem. If you want a power that slows down gens, you need to have a reason to not use that power as well.

Core Idea:

When you have all 6 bottles, hold ctrl next to a generator for 2 seconds to install trap. Depending on which bottle you are set to, you'll place a yellow or pink one. Each bottle type does something different.

Restraints

You cannot trap a generator that is regressing. If a generator loses progress by any means other than skill check misses, the traps is disarmed. This means, no ruin, no kicking the generator, no scourge hook pain res can be applied to the generator without disarming the trap. Trapping the generator counts as 1 regression event.

Pink bottles

When trapped generator is touched by survivors, blocks gen for 10 seconds, inflicts survivors with 15 seconds of blindness and obliviousness.

Yellow Bottles

Every time 10 charges are completed on the trapped generator, Clown is notified of that generators progress if he's at least 16 meters away. If he's further than 16 meters from the generator, he'll gain 2% haste for 3 seconds. If he's further then 24 meters, he'll gain an extra 3% haste for 3 seconds.

The thought process

The hope is to make it so clown's gen traps don't outclass kicking a generator, and there is a risk and reward to it. Pink bottles will reward clown for predicting a generator will be touched while he is nearby, and yellow ones are for when he doesn't expect to be nearby. I'm hoping survivors will be able to outplay this by either going to another generator because they guess which ones are trapped, or by wearing out the number of gen regression events.

As the titles says, I'm looking for critique.

Comments