Greenville Square Fog Density

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE: After loading a specific portion of the Greenville Square map, the environment fog (not the Entity's Dark Mist) becomes significantly thicker, greatly impairing visibility

PLATFORM: PC/Steam

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURRED:

  • Load into Greenville Square
  • Observe that the view distance is not hindered by a thick fog
  • Walk to the corner of the map to the right of the cinema (there is a car loop with a guaranteed pallet spawn here)
  • Walk back to the rest of the map and observe that view distance is hindered by a thick fog

VIDEO: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r67I06fDgcyCYXjeHYQxj1L_vUekiRwi/view?usp=sharing (video can be downloaded to view in higher quality, but this is also easily reproducible, and 100% consistent from my testing)

PLAYER LOGS:

  • Player logs are required from PC players only.
DeadByDaylight.log

Comments

  • I thought I was the only one who noticed this. This also happens on the new map too (FNAF map).

  • Yeah I can confirm this. It's a consistent issue on Greenville, makes it very difficult to see.

  • dbdfogissue.zip

    I just want to add that I am able to replicate this just by changing my gamma settings (see attached video and log). I load into a custom game, see clear visibility, change gamma from 2.7 to 2.2, and then see the bad fog. Then if I switch back to my original gamma (2.7) then the fog is still there. I ran a second trial where I stayed in place for 30 seconds just to make sure it wasn't something that just changes over time.

    So maybe there are multiple things that cause this?