Unhook Attempts Without Unhook Perks/Addons

I just had an odd game, I just wanted some input as to what I might be missing.

Maria and Ada Wong remained alive. I found and hooked Maria, but then her hook-meter went from full to 50% very quickly, as if she was attempting unhooks. It looked exactly like the old "unhook repeatedly to die, to give last Victim a chance at hatch" kind of deaths.

I can't for the love of me see how that's possible, though. Nobody has offerings or perks to enable unhooking at all.

So what am I missing?

20250725020710_1.jpg

Comments

  • Thats still a thing for when 2 ppl are left.

  • @LordGlint said:

    Thats still a thing for when 2 ppl are left.

    Oh, so when there's just 2 left, the hooked person can attempt unhooks?

    I must've missed that in the patch notes.

    Thanks. 👍️

  • Once there are only 2 survivors left you regain the ability to attempt 4% even without a luck modifier.

    (And starting next patch once there are only 2 survivors left you will also regain the ability to miss 2 skill checks to die instantly)

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    Once there are only 2 survivors left you regain the ability to attempt 4% even without a luck modifier.

    (And starting next patch once there are only 2 survivors left you will also regain the ability to miss 2 skill checks to die instantly)

    Oh, I need to keep up to date with these things, clearly.