Killers Whose Special Ability Tokens Should Be Reduced by Basic Attacks

Kaneki received a recent nerf in which his special ability tokens are now reduced when breaking pallets. This adjustment was clearly aimed at countering his ability to immediately close the distance with survivors right after destroying a pallet.

Following that same logic, I believe that basic attacks should also reduce his special ability tokens. As many of you already know—both those who play Kaneki and those who go up against him—his strongest tactic is to follow up a basic attack with an instant gap-close using his ability, allowing him to land a second hit quickly. This essentially nullifies the survivor’s injury-speed boost.

This issue isn’t unique to Kaneki. The same can be said for The Blight. I believe that Blight's special attack tokens should also be reduced by both pallet breaks and basic attacks.

However, I don’t think this kind of adjustment is necessary for The Nurse. Her slow movement speed makes landing basic attacks significantly more difficult compared to Kaneki or Blight.

What about other killers? I’d be interested to hear what you all think.

Comments