Map offerings

Hey all, long time player coming back from a break and one of the first things I found out was that map offerings were nerfed to the ground.

I always used map offering with mates not for a tactiful advantage, but so that we could go somewhere that we haven't played either at all, or for a while. I guess I feel like I've just been hoarding these offerings for literal years, and they're almost useless. So feeling a bit salty.

I have also recently been teaching someone very new to the game (like brand new) and have found out that a bunch of the base characters are now locked behind an achievement? Its something along the lines "Escape the Crotus Prenn Asylum map without being damaged" which can be tricky as is, but now I'm gonna burn through the map offerings to maybe get the map, and even then, they are brand new, so the chances of them escaping without taking damage is massive. This is probably more of a rant than anything now, so I'll close out with a question:

Can someone explain to me how the map offerings work now? Like I know that they increase the percentage of being sent to a map, but how does that percentage of that map offering work vs being sent to another map?

Tagged: Maps

Comments

  • @SigmaLord said:

    They now increase the chances of you going to a specific map by 20%, and don't stack.

    That means multiple Ormond offerings will still yield a 20% chance.

    Different map offerings still individually grant a 20% chance, so 5 separate map offerings would guarantee that 1/5 of those maps will happen

    So in that vein, with a map offering, would it the be a 20% chance of going to that specific realm/map and an 80% chance of going to any other?

  • None of the base characters are locked behind achievements. For Wraith and David King you need to finish the tutorial, but the rest are freely available.

  • @VibranToucan said:

    None of the base characters are locked behind achievements. For Wraith and David King you need to finish the tutorial, but the rest are freely available.

    For my friends game, the base characters are locked. They're on PS5, dunno if thats worth mentioning. Specifically Meg, Claudette, Jake, Nea, Bill, Ace and Feng.