How does Africa not have any servers?

I queued for about 6 minutes on killer looking for a match and got paired with two people on 300 ping, on the end game chat I asked what servers they were from they said that there were no servers for them and said that they were from Africa, they acted casual about it too like it was normal. How does a whole continent not have at least 1 server for them? This is actually insanity. One of them was actually a new player as well, doubt they will be keep playing dbd, this game is losing a lot of money and players because of that, time to step up the game behaviour, lowkey felt bad for them

Comments

  • Whenever I have someone from south africa in my lobby, what is the point of chasing or getting chased by this person? Their latency is ridiculously high. BHVR is just cheap I guess? It's the same problem with Russians and Arabs, they all play on the EU server, not the Asian one, even though they have very high latencies almost consitently…

  • @Munky said:

    Whenever I have someone from south africa in my lobby, what is the point of chasing or getting chased by this person? Their latency is ridiculously high. BHVR is just cheap I guess? It's the same problem with Russians and Arabs, they all play on the EU server, not the Asian one, even though they have very high latencies almost consitently…

    Russia is big. Western Russians (most players from west) have ~50 ping. With Asian servers it would be 200-300ms

  • @sethrollins said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3957259#Comment_3957259

    Russia is big. Western Russia (most players from west) have ~50 ping. With Asian servers it would be 200-300ms

    The vast majority of Russians and Arabs I get have 80+ ms. Which is alrdy a sweetspot for getting away with a lot of nonsense. I recently interacted with one such people while they were streaming, and they literally do not care about this. They know they have a massive advantage and actively abuse it. They openly admit this… It was very much like that interview Hens did with cheaters… they literally laugh in our face, they dont care.

    I also had South Africans a few times. They are a lot more rare… but they too use the excuse "what else are we supposed to do?". They just all come to the EU server with 200+ ping. Because… they "just want to play dbd"… meanwhile ruining the matches of 4 other ppl. All in the name of 'their right to play dbd'.

    Just give them their own server. period. Especially Russia and arabs are APLENTY, as I see them in my own lobbies more than half of the time. So their Q times would not even suffer. Let them play against each other.

  • Last time I saw a server list, it appeared to be using Amazon Web Services regions as the locations, so you can google that to see what BHVR likely has to work from, should they choose to do so. As for Africa specifically, AWS has a datacenter in South Africa.