Vecna's Flight of the Damned skulls damaging survivors in lockers? Intentional or not?

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE:

  • I have had this issue happen to me while playing as Vecna and recently as survivor and these two times have left me super confused. I have investigated this issue by asking the the DBD Discord server in #game-questions and by looking on the wiki, but to no avail. Again, I don't know if this interaction is intentional or not, so I might as well create this bug report in the case that it is an unintentional feature.
  • Currently, I am theorizing that this situation all comes down to ping and timing. I did not catch my ping and the survivor's ping in the older clip, but in the second clip, my ping was at a solid 60 and the Vecna's ping was at 50. These are very tight timings where I could have damaged the survivor during the rushed locker enter animation and the same thing could have happened to me while I was playing survivor.

PLATFORM: Steam / PC

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED:

  • Playing as Vecna: Launch Flight of the Damned at a locker to scan and damage if a survivor is in the locker.
  • Playing as survivor: Hide in locker and see if you get damaged by the skulls.

VIDEOS:

  • First video playing as Vecna (September 27, 2024):
Watch "Dead by Daylight 2024.09.27 - 14.40.45.23.DVR" on Streamable.
  • Second video playing as survivor (June 25, 2025):
Watch "Dead by Daylight 2025.06.25 - 13.10.30.07.DVR" on Streamable.

PLAYER LOGS:

Comments