Please do something about the anti-go next and discourage slugging (see description)

I understand that the anti go-next is meant to reduce griefing allies ragequitting after having a bad start, but there should be a threshold on when you can and cannot give up on hook. It is now not even possible to strategically die on the hook in order to give the hatch to the final teammate. I have witnessed multiple times being among the final 2 survivors, then getting hooked and seeing the final survivor get chased but there is nothing I can do since dying on hook on will is not possible anymore.

In addition to that, the final 2 survivors now being mori-able is promoting slugging heavily. I normally dont mind getting slugged but it feels like killers are now being incentivised to slug for a double mori.

Comments

  • I made suggestion of bringing back the self-sacrifice on hook on two survivors remaining situation as that was why it was added to the game in the first place or thats my memory of why it even was added.

    @Wezqu said:

    I would want to state that in my opinion the new changes to the self-unhook are good but there is some things that need to be ironed out as with some other additions they did.

    I am suggesting to bring back the insta-sacrifice on hook after missing two skill checks in a row in the situation if there is only two survivors left. It does not make sense to force the last survivor who might be hurt to hide the whole second stage hook duration because trying to unhook most likely will only end up with him and the other guy getting downed and nobody even having chance to escape. This would not anyway make anyone go next and the feature was meant originally to help in this situation to not drag the end of the match out too long and maybe give the last survivor the chance of getting the hatch. The removal of this was too hasty I understand removing it from any other situation but why punish the clearly lost match to drag longer for nothing.

    So in short bring back insta-sacrifice after missing two skillchecks on the hook in situation where there is only two survivors left for quality of life.

  • @UncleTimbo said:

    I understand that the anti go-next is meant to reduce griefing allies ragequitting after having a bad start, but there should be a threshold on when you can and cannot give up on hook. It is now not even possible to strategically die on the hook in order to give the hatch to the final teammate. I have witnessed multiple times being among the final 2 survivors, then getting hooked and seeing the final survivor get chased but there is nothing I can do since dying on hook on will is not possible anymore.

    In addition to that, the final 2 survivors now being mori-able is promoting slugging heavily. I normally dont mind getting slugged but it feels like killers are now being incentivised to slug for a double mori.

    It actually made slugging less bad. People slugged for the 4k way worse before this mori change. I also think that the solution is simple and I've stated it before, if there are only 2 Survivors left and one of them is in the dying state or on hook, then the Hatch should spawn. Either that or simply revert the changes to stage 2 misses needed to die.

  • @Orthane said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/449014/please-do-something-about-the-anti-go-next-and-discourage-slugging-see-description

    It actually made slugging less bad. People slugged for the 4k way worse before this mori change. I also think that the solution is simple and I've stated it before, if there are only 2 Survivors left and one of them is in the dying state or on hook, then the Hatch should spawn. Either that or simply revert the changes to stage 2 misses needed to die.

    I had to just hang here my entire First Stage without even being able to attempt to unhook myself because there were two other Survivors left in the game. Then Myers came over to my Hook and started slapping me because Leon bled out just before I died so he couldn't get the Mori, like it was somehow my fault that I could no longer just whiff 2 checks and instantly die. And, no… I wasn't going to just abandon, because abandoning loses any progress you had gained on a Tome challenge, and I wasn't going to "un-complete" a challenge just because Sable and I were the only two people that actually decided to play, and the Killer was being that greedy.

    Just Hanging Around.png