So... how many door grabs did you guys get with Springtrap so far? They seem extremely rare.

So far I was only able to get 3 door jumpscares while playing as Springtrap, and they were all in the first three days after the chapter release. After that I wasn't able to get a single more. I enter the doors and don't see a single yellow door aura, people are simply not using the doors most of the time so they aren't under the risk of getting grabbed.

Dredge has a similar mechanic, but at least his power makes so survivors NEED to touch lockers in order to properly counter him. That doesn't happen with Springtrap. What's the point of a mechanic with a whole cool animation of its own if you never see it, since even making the interaction that allows for it to happen is nothing but a mistake?

Comments

  • @Malkhrim said:

    So far I was only able to get 3 door jumpscares while playing as Springtrap, and they were all in the first three days after the chapter release. After that I wasn't able to get a single more. I enter the doors and don't see a single yellow door aura, people are simply not using the doors most of the time so they aren't under the risk of getting grabbed.

    Dredge has a similar mechanic, but at least his power makes so survivors NEED to touch lockers in order to properly counter him. That doesn't happen with Springtrap. What's the point of a mechanic with a whole cool animation of its own if you never see it, since even making the interaction that allows for it to happen is nothing but a mistake?

    Maybe you can find some answers in the linked thread, there were some very "creative" answers from people that claimed that using the mechanics were so beneficial:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/446808/security-systems-sound-unrewarding-for-survivors

  • I’ve only been in the doors twice as survivor and both times I got grabbed. It kinda just solidified to me that it is never worth it, so I gave up on ever interacting with the doors again. The risk is just not worth the reward in my opinion.

    I’m sorry you haven’t been able to jumps as much, hopefully you get some more good ones.

  • It's because people figured out the door are much safer, if they wait for a safe time to use the doors.

    1. Survivors can wait until they see a "survivor is being chased" symbol on their HUD
    2. Survivors can wait until they actually see the killer, and notice they aren't near a door
    3. Survivors can wait until someone in their SWF announces the killer isn't near a door
    4. Some survivors will use the cameras (not the doors, but just the cameras) that aren't near unfinished generators or hooked survivors, since it's less likely the killer will teleport to them.