[Killer Concept] “The Shinigami” – A Death Note Inspired Killer

Hi everyone!

This is my very first post here — I actually joined the forums just to share this killer concept I’ve been thinking about. I’ve always loved the game, playing since 2018. I can say I am not pro player but I’d fall in love of the game concept and game design. I am also a game developer and in each match, I am experiencing the design of the game, asking myself questions about mechanics to answer and trying to build new ideas to inject game to improve my own game design skills. Today when I play a match as a killer, a new killer idea came to my mind : What if a Shinigami from Death Note entered the Fog as a killer .

Here’s the concept:

Killer Name: The Shinigami

Real Name: Ryuk

Weapon: A cursed feather pen with a notebook.

Power: Death Note

“Those whose names are written in this book shall perish.”

The Shinigami has the ability to observe Survivors and “write their names” into his Death Note.

How it works:

  • The Shinigami can activate Observation Mode(Maybe similar to shape or ghost face), allowing him to track and analyze Survivors.
  • After staring at a Survivor within line of sight for X consecutive seconds, their “name” is written to the notebook by shinigami animation.
  • After being written, if they are not interact with a Death Avoidance Action within Y seconds, they collapse into the dying state, as like The Pig’s ability.
  • With the interaction, they may change their fate.

I don’t plan full of the character but you got the idea.

I’d love to hear what you all think! Feel free to critique, suggest adjustments, or even expand on it — I really appreciate this community’s creativity and insight.

Thanks for reading, and happy escaping (or hunting)!

Tagged: Killers

Comments

  • @alininavcisi said:

    Hi everyone!

    This is my very first post here — I actually joined the forums just to share this killer concept I’ve been thinking about. I’ve always loved the game, playing since 2018. I can say I am not pro player but I’d fall in love of the game concept and game design. I am also a game developer and in each match, I am experiencing the design of the game, asking myself questions about mechanics to answer and trying to build new ideas to inject game to improve my own game design skills. Today when I play a match as a killer, a new killer idea came to my mind : What if a Shinigami from Death Note entered the Fog as a killer .

    Here’s the concept:

    Killer Name: The Shinigami

    Real Name: Ryuk

    Weapon: A cursed feather pen with a notebook.

    Power: Death Note

    “Those whose names are written in this book shall perish.”

    The Shinigami has the ability to observe Survivors and “write their names” into his Death Note.

    How it works:

    • The Shinigami can activate Observation Mode(Maybe similar to shape or ghost face), allowing him to track and analyze Survivors.
    • After staring at a Survivor within line of sight for X consecutive seconds, their “name” is written to the notebook by shinigami animation.
    • After being written, if they are not interact with a Death Avoidance Action within Y seconds, they collapse into the dying state, as like The Pig’s ability.
    • With the interaction, they may change their fate.

    I don’t plan full of the character but you got the idea.

    I’d love to hear what you all think! Feel free to critique, suggest adjustments, or even expand on it — I really appreciate this community’s creativity and insight.

    Thanks for reading, and happy escaping (or hunting)!

    So...pig traps that you don't need to down for and can spam.

    No.