Tomes intact

Just returned, I see that tomes entries have been unlocked.

Decided to sign in just to voice this opinion. I'd like for the tomes section to remain as is forever. Please do NOT remove or whatever. That includes tucking it away. I dont like that idea. Usually that comes with trimming away everythign except the entries. I always hated when games and such do that. I'd like to keep the challenge webs, rewards, challenges and everything so that newer players can see what came before, can read abotu the challenges that players needed to do and what challenges led to what entry to drop. Everything. The whole of the compendium as is is all flavor for me. Some of the books have scraggly webs and the others have ordered lines. That feels every bit as a part of the established lore in design as the entries themselves. Plus, keeping the challenges gives me some agency as to what I want to attempt. So. Keep the whole compendium and please dont cut any bit of it?

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Comments

  • As someone with 3 tomes left to go, I'll be rather perturbed if they get removed...

    If they are to be replaced, fine... but their current incarnation is perfectly fine. An optional bonus for the dedicated and those seeking a challenge.

  • I want the Tomes/Compendium to stay forever. It's a large amount of content, I haven't finished all of them and now's not really the right time for me to work on it, and it's become such a core part of DbD I'd just hate to see it taken away. Really they could treat it as an expanding sort of story mode and add to it occasionally, maybe a couple times a year, specifically tying it to lore instead of the Rift so it's not mandatory, it's just for players who are into that stuff or want more BP.

  • I really hope that BHVR listens to us on this because even if the new system is debatably better the tomes were a core part of dbd, and our main source of lore. As an aficionado of dbd lore I would be incredibly disappointed if they took away our main source of lore from us without any real reason other than new system, which as far as I'm aware has no real lore attached to it. Please BHVR keep the tomes for lores sake (also cool charms).

  • @SixthSinse said:

    Just returned, I see that tomes entries have been unlocked.

    Decided to sign in just to voice this opinion. I'd like for the tomes section to remain as is forever. Please do NOT remove or whatever. That includes tucking it away. I dont like that idea. Usually that comes with trimming away everythign except the entries. I always hated when games and such do that. I'd like to keep the challenge webs, rewards, challenges and everything so that newer players can see what came before, can read abotu the challenges that players needed to do and what challenges led to what entry to drop. Everything. The whole of the compendium as is is all flavor for me. Some of the books have scraggly webs and the others have ordered lines. That feels every bit as a part of the established lore in design as the entries themselves. Plus, keeping the challenges gives me some agency as to what I want to attempt. So. Keep the whole compendium and please dont cut any bit of it?

    Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

    Yes.

    Keep them there, they don't bother anyone, and I want my funny White Glyph mirrors.