The new rift challenges feel boring… For now, at least.

Maybe this has been said before, I scrolled a little and couldn’t find anything though.

First of all, this is NOT about how fast you get the battle pass done. That is indeed faster with this new rift especially if you play both sides and get the milestone challenges done.

This is my personal opinion on the fun of the challenges. Fun is very subjective so of course there can be differing opinions on this topic, those are just my two cents.

Also, this might change with the later challenges which might get harder, don’t know that yet.

But the challenges feel so so boring now. I feel like I always get the same five dailies rotating that I passively do while just playing a normal match anyway. Even the weeklies I get done in max like one or three matches. I feel like the other challenges were really… Challenges at least. So I guess the new name of quests fits, as this really isn’t challenging anymore. Plus, I have seen no character or perk specific quests so far, not even in the dailies. I kinda liked those, got me to play someone and something else, try something new and getting rewarded for it. They seem to be gone now, sadly, but please do correct me if they still exist and I am just unlucky and don’t get them.

Overall I wanna add though that I still like the changes about dailies somewhat, since I usually ignored them. At least now I am doing them, so I guess I can get behind that change somehow.

On top of that, I find the new menu the quests come with so boring and unengaging. It was a good dopamine boost for me to finally get a challenge done, going to the rift, clicking, seeing it glow up and collect my rewards. Felt satisfying and rewarding, now it does all that for me and all I get is a short glimse at what I did. I don’t know maybe I’m the only one with that xd

Oh, another thing. Is there a way to enter the rift pass from the menu? There used to be and I always accidentally click on the shrine because it’s still in my head that I need to click somewhere there to get to the rift but actually, I need to access the quest menu first and down there in the corner is the battle pass… Is there another way to access it from the lobby directly?
Yeah that’s a small thing I guess and I am just annoyed because I am used to something else I suppose… I just caught myself playing waaaay less dbd than I used to when there was a cool rift pass so I was just wondering why that was and wanted to write it down somewhere. Actually excited to hear other opinions on this, perhaps everyone disagrees. Might just be my nostalgia already hitting, I really loved our good old rift. xD

Comments

  • I frankly agree. After seeing how modes are gonna come frequently now, and events as well, I think the real issues with the new system are twofold. They are:

    1) There aren't enough quests per week to make playing more than a few rounds any fun.

    2) The quests are super easy and there isn't variety to make up for it.

    Why not have 5 easy quests, five more difficult quests, and five Master Killer/Survivor challenges a week instead? Or, why not have the first four weeks be unlocked, then the next, then the next? That way we can go through lots of quests at once at our own pace, and go back to older ones.

  • Yeah the challenges are pretty basic.
    But I think people are panic about not getting enough Rift Points and a hard quest right now would freak them out.

    image.png

    Maybe next month.